Help downloading and saving a streaming video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help downloading and saving a streaming video

Kris (bimmerphile) showed me how to do this (with Quicktime files), but it's not working with this one. I want to download and save this video on this site, but e30Matt told me that the site has some kind of encryption that will not allow you to simply view the source code of the page and save the .mov file. When I DO try to use this method, all that downloads is the animation of the video loading. The page has both the Quicktime and Windows Media versions of the video, and I don't care which one I get, I just want this video really badly. Matt sent me a link to a program that "records" streaming video/mp3, but I don't know how to use it. Can anyone hook me up with this video? I would greatly appreciate it! (The high-broadband version, please).

im sorry
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd
      im sorry
      Hmmmm, that was helpful.

Moving on...

Comment

Who's your daddy?

Here how I do it anyways, opening the page that the video is embbed in (the window it playes IN) then select view, and view source.

Search the html code for the active x embed by searching for the string "mov" (no quotes)

When you find something that has a url address with a .mov at the end you have found the direct link.

Windows media can be tricky, some times the link points to a text file that then points to the actual file. If you get down to the code level you caqn ususally grab it.

8)
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

That is a step in the right direction, but it still streams the video from that site. When the site is no longer hosting the video, I won't be able to watch it anymore.

Comment

Right click -> save as....(on the link)

Comment

Originally posted by george graves
              Right click -> save as....(on the link)
              I did that. It streams the video from the site, even when I save it to my desktop.

The size of that file you posted is only 219 bytes.

Comment

Oh me bad - I'll take another look....

Comment

Ah, good old music festivals. One of the few times a year where you can shed your 9 to 5 alter ego and cut loose from reality surrounded by good people and even better music. From pictures, music festivals look like a walk in the park, when in reality, they can be one of the most exhausting and difficult trips of your life. The pictures don’t show people sleeping in the dirt or surviving off of apple juice and graham crackers, although those are some of the best memories. Luckily, we have a handful of tips and tricks that will help you get the most out of your music festival experience, so you can crawl out of your tent victorious when it’s time to pack up and leave.

back in action....No video for you!

Comment

Originally posted by george graves
                    http://www.purevolume.com/project86/music

back in action....No video for you!
                    What do you mean?

I got Quicktime Pro, any tips on how to save the video, like you suggested?

Comment

Working...
                    X