AC o-ring set from Pelican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC o-ring set from Pelican

anyone here ever buy part no. 09-7598-641-M325 from Pelican parts? Its listed as an "O-Ring Rapid Seal Kit". Ive read on here that some people have purchased these kits from other sources and have found that it wasnt a complete set for the AC system and ended up needing more o-rings. Im just replacing my compressor and dryer, so i wont need all of them. I just want to know if this will be all i need. The extra will just be extra in case i ever completely go through my AC system.

Joe

You can buy the individual seals at the dealer for like .30 a piece. They are far better quality than the "kit" I got from autohausAZ. Make sure to slather them in compressor oil before installation.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I bought it. 50 billion of the seals i didn't need and not enough of the seals I needed
      '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

thanx, thats what i needed to know. wont be buying it

Comment

if im on r-12 is there anyway I can keep it this way?

and how involved is the r134a retrofit?
          Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

what do you mean?

If you want to go to 134a the o-ring do not NEED replaced, but the freon will leak out. Its best to replace all the rings [some are under the dash and take a bit of work to get out], the compressor, and the receiver dryer

Originally posted by vlad
            Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

bringing this one back cuz i have to run this by R3vlimited....

"know it all" at my local CarQuest suggested that all i have to do is replace the oRings on my compressor and receiver dryer, clean the replacement compressor with mineral spirits, fill compressor with 4-5oz of Ester oil, and fill it with R134 along with some sort of AC booster to bring down the head pressure. I told him that the rest of the seals/rings would have to be replaced, but HE said that they wouldnt leak cuz i havent tampered with them and they've been on there so long that they wouldnt leak?

my original plan was to refill it with mineral oil and fill it with r12, freeze12, or Hotshot(all compatible with the r12 rings)

Comment

anyone?

Comment

I didnt do any of this shit. '

I empyied the old R12 what was left. Then bought 2 cans fot he synthetic R134a+ that works with R12 systems. It has the oil premixed in the can. Also bought the R12 fitting to R134a fitting adapters ($20)

I jumped the compressor on with a piece of wire, put the car AC on full blast and filled it until they guage was in the green.

Bingo ice cold AC for 2 years unitl the car was totalled
                  88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
                  85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

I have been looking into this since its already 90 in the IE. Im pretty sure my system isn't leaking, but has slowly lost its charge over the years. It still gets cool when on long drives. Can I just empty the system, get an R12 compatible ref. and fill 'er up?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian 89 325i View Post
                      I have been looking into this since its already 90 in the IE. Im pretty sure my system isn't leaking, but has slowly lost its charge over the years. It still gets cool when on long drives. Can I just empty the system, get an R12 compatible ref. and fill 'er up?
                      Not quite. What year is your car?
                      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by e30fish View Post
                        bringing this one back cuz i have to run this by R3vlimited....

"know it all" at my local CarQuest suggested that all i have to do is replace the oRings on my compressor and receiver dryer, clean the replacement compressor with mineral spirits, fill compressor with 4-5oz of Ester oil, and fill it with R134 along with some sort of AC booster to bring down the head pressure. I told him that the rest of the seals/rings would have to be replaced, but HE said that they wouldnt leak cuz i havent tampered with them and they've been on there so long that they wouldnt leak?

my original plan was to refill it with mineral oil and fill it with r12, freeze12, or Hotshot(all compatible with the r12 rings)
                        Backwoods advice. It may work briefly, if that. What year is your car?

Comment

Originally posted by Naplm00 View Post
                          I didnt do any of this shit. '

I empyied the old R12 what was left. Then bought 2 cans fot he synthetic R134a+ that works with R12 systems. It has the oil premixed in the can. Also bought the R12 fitting to R134a fitting adapters ($20)

I jumped the compressor on with a piece of wire, put the car AC on full blast and filled it until they guage was in the green.

Bingo ice cold AC for 2 years unitl the car was totalled
                          Did you power the compressor BEFORE you filled it or BEGAN filling it, then jumped the compressor?

I guess my plan now is to fill it with the R134a+ with the 3-4oz of ester, booster(for head pressure relief) and replace rings and dryer. Hopefully the mofo works! dont really care if it leaks out in couple of years, probably have to pull it out anyway if the car gets relocated into FSP from DSP

Anyone know what the mineral oil capacity was for the 91' 318is using the original DENSO compressor?

Comment

Originally posted by e30fish View Post
                            Did you power the compressor BEFORE you filled it or BEGAN filling it, then jumped the compressor?

I guess my plan now is to fill it with the R134a+ with the 3-4oz of ester, booster(for head pressure relief) and replace rings and dryer. Hopefully the mofo works! dont really care if it leaks out in couple of years, probably have to pull it out anyway if the car gets relocated into FSP from DSP

Anyone know what the mineral oil capacity was for the 91' 318is using the original DENSO compressor?

I jumped it first then started the car then filled the tank. I ididnt bother draining it or filling it with ester. The new refridegrant has all the lubrication needed and the old lube should still be in the system, seeing how oil doesnt usually evaporate.
                            88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
                            85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                              Not quite. What year is your car?
                              Currently rollin' in an "87 (Prod 10/86)

Comment

Working...
                              X