Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bird crap on stored 84 318i, Advice Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird crap on stored 84 318i, Advice Please!!!

I have a 1984 BMW 318i that had fresh paint just 2 years ago. I put it away for winter storage and a bird got in and crapped all over the car. It hit hood, roof, trunk and right front fender. On roof it ate right through to the primer. on the other spots looks like it ate through clear and wrinkled paint/clear. In all locations there are multiple spots.
    If i take it to a shop, how will they most likely deal with the problem or how should i be looking for them to deal with it? I am hoping car will need total repaint, just not sure if they can touch this stuff up and buff it or not? Please give me some info. I will post pics as soon as i can.
    Cheers Guys

Dam that sucks, should have got a car cover, but that was definitely an unforeseen circumstance. My car is sitting in the garage with no cover lol the paint shop can maybe wet sand and try painting the sections and try to blend it, but i would imagine it would still be pricey especially to have it done right....

Posting up some pics would help other forum members to chime in with an opinion. Also did u find said bird and beat the crap out of it lol

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCams View Post
      Dam that sucks, should have got a car cover, but that was definitely an unforeseen circumstance. My car is sitting in the garage with no cover lol the paint shop can maybe wet sand and try painting the sections and try to blend it, but i would imagine it would still be pricey especially to have it done right....

Posting up some pics would help other forum members to chime in with an opinion. Also did u find said bird and beat the crap out of it lol
      I would imagine the last thing OP would want is for that bird to crap again.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

shitty.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
          shitty.

Matt
          Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
          I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
          Originally posted by kronus
          try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
          Originally posted by chadthestampede
          This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

my advice would be-- cover the car with old army blankets next year-- after you repaint the car.
            my wife laughs everytime I put my car away after I drive it- says i tuck it in like a kid- damn right!

Comment

Working...
            X