help me with .wma files *again*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me with .wma files *again*

alright, heres the deal. when i download music off napster i download protected .wma files that i need to transfter into .mp3 files. previously, the only thing that i could use (the only thing that would work) was winamp, but now... for some reason napster updated these files so now winamp cant even play them. so the only way to listen to this music at all is through napster.

now... we need to find a way around this.

anyone know anything?
    98 M3/4/5

You could just change the .wma files into .mp3 files. That seems the easiest way to me. There are quite a few programs out there that will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
      You could just change the .wma files into .mp3 files. That seems the easiest way to me. There are quite a few programs out there that will do it.
      Andy, I don't think the average converter will do them, they are proteced .wma files, and I think they are encoded so you CAN'T change them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
        Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
        Andy, I don't think the average converter will do them, they are proteced .wma files, and I think they are encoded so you CAN'T change them.
        exactally, ive tried many programs without any luck. what i was doing was recording the wma files to wav files through winamp, then from their using another program to turn the wav files to mp3.
        98 M3/4/5

Comment

YES i have the same problem with "ruckus" *our schools downloading thing* ive found no way around it..lets keep up the hunt

Comment

Burn the songs on a CD and then rip them back on the computer and they will become unprotected.
            Then you can convert them with any program.

Comment

you cannont burn these to cd's like they are right now.
              nor can you import them into itunes
              98 M3/4/5

Comment

wtf? what use is it if you can't burn it..
                Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Ok, i found a solution.

PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
                  X