Pretty cool ignition system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty cool ignition system.

Just sharing this with everyone,I don't know if there's a thread. I have one but haven't hooked it up yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCJzqh5au_c

What do ya'll think?

I almost thought this thread was spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      I almost thought this thread was spam.

OMG no, I like your pic. I have one of these but am waiting to put it in my 87 325is, Im swapping blocks

Comment

Oh ya its a cool ignition system i have ever seen.So have you put it in your car.Thanks for sharing the link.
        BMW Performance Chip

Comment

Originally posted by nil25 View Post
          Oh ya its a cool ignition system i have ever seen.So have you put it in your car.Thanks for sharing the link.

I haven't yet, it's still in the box. In a couple weeks once everything goes back in the car. I'm goning to run the wires from the cap over to the firewall, in the boxes then back out to each cylinder from there. thinking on making a set of spark plugs that last for this. I guess the copper core plugs do need changed a little sooner than a regular plug would. I'm going to make spark plugs for this system that last a long time.

Comment

Please tell me you don't actually think this will improve anything in your car...

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Are you the manufacturer? I am asking because one minute into the video, I had to log off. The music is sooo... bad. I thought for a minute we were 1985. I may even have lost 5% hearing... So. What is it? You replace the coil by this gizmo? Any benefit? Up to what RPM does it work? For how many sparkplug. It looks cool in the open air. How does it work in compressed environment, under high load? ;-)
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

no I dont manufacture this. Stereo installer, there is a math equation that equals horsepower from electrical power/current. You know that right? I assume your a stereo installer. I wont argue tho, Im stopping right now, aint worth it.

Comment

Massive Lee, they have other videos with dyno results on youtube system working on a JEEP. Maybe that will help, you can run different fuels with this system. It destroys just about anything wet you put in a cylinder. Guess it's an experimental type system. I like personally. Why I got one.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                    Are you the manufacturer? I am asking because one minute into the video, I had to log off. The music is sooo... bad. I thought for a minute we were 1985. I may even have lost 5% hearing... So. What is it? You replace the coil by this gizmo? Any benefit? Up to what RPM does it work? For how many sparkplug. It looks cool in the open air. How does it work in compressed environment, under high load? ;-)
                    Sorry, was too quick to answer. IT works to 16,000 rpm, any amount of spark plugs I guess,lightning in your cylinder I say.
                    Smokes any MSD or ANY aftermarket ignition you can put up against it. This thing is pretty bad ass, its worth a look into. I got this from another energy forum about energy savings etc...

The load doesnt matter, the kernel stays the same all the way to 16k. It's like a baby welder almost,freakin nuts

Comment

From what Ive heard, spark plugs do need replaced more than normal. This system is doing real work, wear on copper is going to happen sooner. I'm working on a spark plug for this set up on my car, shouldn't have to change the plugs really at all.

You have to run a solid core spark plug also, resistors DON'T work.
                      Wires have to be solid core also, use house 110v wire and screw it to spark plug terminals if necessary.

Comment

This looks really stupid. Spark is spark, automotive engineers would not have released a production based ignition system that is so bad it would need this upgrade. It's like huge core wires(10mm), SUN grounding systems, and other mystical mumbo jumbo.

Hey OP, this will not make your eta any faster. I bet it will induce false flame front propagation causing hotspots and eventually a burnt valve or 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          This looks really stupid. Spark is spark, automotive engineers would not have released a production based ignition system that is so bad it would need this upgrade. It's like huge core wires(10mm), SUN grounding systems, and other mystical mumbo jumbo.

Hey OP, this will not make your eta any faster. I bet it will induce false flame front propagation causing hotspots and eventually a burnt valve or 6.
                          Lol, do what you gotta do. Start with research, and lots of it, it's why this system was designed(simple). This will be a necessary function on automobiles in next couple years, these guys are dealing with automakers already,automakers are dealing with them.

You end up with almost 0 emissions,it burns off all your fuel, even the wasted 70 percent or so.
                          It is doing something different than a stock coil for sure.

Leaves SUPER low emissions, get used to seeing something like this, it'll be stock on a new car one day.

Comment

Once my car is together and I have the time, Ill dyno my car, system OFF, and system ON to see the difference and show everyone the results.

Comment

A jet Turbine engine has the same ignition basically.All that snap, snap snap are ignitors before the turbine fires up, like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X