Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New cap and rotor? Or just clean off the carbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New cap and rotor? Or just clean off the carbon?

What the deal here? I've just cleaned off the cap and rotor in the past - assuming they were'nt cracked or something. What do you guy do? Any increase in performance with new?
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Omg guis i need that piece that goes under the hood and connects to that thing over there it gets hot and melt but then i cool it with my zima lol, what so much as price for part that connect to it?
    1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
      Omg guis i need that piece that goes under the hood and connects to that thing over there it gets hot and melt but then i cool it with my zima lol, what so much as price for part that connect to it?
      what the fuck?

george, if you've done the cleanup process too many times it'll have worn down the contact surfaces too thin, making for shit continuity as they get further apart from each other. if you've cleaned it up more than 3 or 4 times i'd say replace them both.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I agree with what Accident said.

Also, be sure to replace them with good quality Bosch parts. I've had trouble with Bremi. Not a ton of trouble, but I have seen many more failures with their components than Bosch. By "trouble" I mean that my 1,500 mile new Bremi rotor disintegrated. Car cut off (of course) and the biggest chunk left of the rotor was 2x2 cm. The rest had turned to dust..

Comment

Working...
        X