Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of this tire for my turbo street e30!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of this tire for my turbo street e30!?

Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II:

I just got my two front custom made inner barrels for my BBS RS's I'm installing in my e30 turbo. They will be 17x9.5 for the back and 17x8 for the front ET55 originally.

Front could be 215 or 225/40r17

Rear could be 255/40 or 265/35r17 (might be too thinn 35 for these roads)

Now, not sure if would be a good idea to buy the whole set for the car, or get any other thing for the front. Not sure how the comfort is, how long could last with moderate diriving against a low threadwear street tire of other brand and how well handle these on croners, trac, etc, etc.....

Opinions?

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...StreetRadialII

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

I'd put something else up front. You will go 2 rear sets for every front set, and that is speaking conservatively.

I looked, do they even have a treadwear rating?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      I'd put something else up front. You will go 2 rear sets for every front set, and that is speaking conservatively.

I looked, do they even have a treadwear rating?

Any suggestion or model in mind? I'm not sure what to do for the front. Potenzas are nice overall but hella pricey!

I have a set of16 basketwaves wrapped in semi slicks tires for the fun fun days such AutoX or track, so I'm not looking for the ultimate grip-performance for the DD tires combo I want to buy. Most of the time our roads are dry (not enough rain down here) so a tires than can be more designed to go on dry roads would be the best choice.
      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I am not a fan of mixing compunds front and rear unless you only care about straight line performance. My understanding is the M/T radials are a drag oriented tire and thus will have a soft side wall. If you dont care about launching from a stop these are not the tire for you. If you are into something you can corner with I would look at something comparable to a Falken Azenis.
        Brian Jacobs

Comment

i have friends that have run these of pretty beefy american cars. the tread life is short, the handling is less than stellar, i don't think these will get you what you want.

they DO work great for straight line drag racing, but that is pretty much it. unless you are going to street race everyone in a straight line, these are not the tyre for your needs.

i ran Bridgestone Potenza RE01-R's for about a year and was super happy with them even with the low treadlife they handled, and stopped awesome! unfortunately, they have been discontinued, they have a replacement tyre, but i am not sure how it compairs.

when i replaced them i put on some NITTO NeoGens am am pretty happy so far, not nearly as good as the RE01-R's were, but pretty dam good for the price especially is you are not going to splash out for the Azeni's .
          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yeah these are used as a drag tire; they only make them street legal for the people that drive their car to events. I've used them before and they are great for a slick alternative but horrible in ANY damp/wet road condition and they will wear out way too fast w/ daily use!
            http://www.jfalesphotography.com
            91 318is m50nv - New toy/project
            95 540i - Wife's DD

Comment

Thanks guys for the suggestions/opinions. The Falken Azenis looks very hot and so far the reviews/comments are all excellent/good.

Looks like those are the tires I'm going to buy but I will keep searching for more options before pulling the trigger.

Just not sure the sizes to buy.....

Front: 225/45 ??

Rear: 255/40 o 275/40 ??

http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_rt615_t.htm

Comment

The RT-615 has recently been replaced by the RT-615K, I'd suggest you go for those instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                  The RT-615 has recently been replaced by the RT-615K, I'd suggest you go for those instead.
                  Not exactly "replaced" but looks like that is another better more "grippy" option over the RT-615 and cost more !?

Comment

Working...
                  X