So long e46! hello e30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long e46! hello e30!

Hey new on here, actually bought an 1987 325i with 140k miles on it for 900$ today. My e46 330i is done, so i figured why not start over with the best! :) ha so stoked i picked this car up. i know i have ALOT of work to do, not the best mechanic but i've picked up alot from my friends. I was wondering if anyone has any advise as to where i should start. It's auto, so i was thinking swap to a 5speed?? any advise would be awesome thank you!

Comment

Congratulations on the upgrade... haha

After you get rid of the slush box, first things on my list if they havn't been done recentley would be:

Timing belt
      Water pump/gasket
      All new rad/water hoses
      T.stat
      If you have air tools, then cam seal
      Fuel filter
      Valve cover gasket
      Spark plugs
      change all fluids
      Air filter

few other things I'm probably forgetting but basically just go around the whole car and take care of the routine maintenance items as funds allow before you start looking into any performance mods. After maintenance is taken care of, suspension would've been the next thing on my list.
      -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

euro bumpers.

Comment

@dnova89 awesome thank you! haha so pissed i bought pss10 coilovers for my e46 not even 3 months ago have they been on. upset i cant put them on this. :(

Comment

You can go AST.

Comment

best decision in choosing a bimmer.

i came from an e46 as well. Had i known the potential these cars had, I woulda picked one up as my first car and probably sstill have 40k in my pocket

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                You can go AST.
                sorry i'm unfamiliar with this. can you explain it to me please?

Comment

You had pss10's, I was giving you the e30 equivalent option.

Comment

Working...
                  X