Decent hose clamps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent hose clamps?

So in the last few days I finished up my water pump/timing belt and got the car running/cooling system working. I had ordered new hose clamps for everything in the cooling system because mine were the original ones and a few of them had snapped when taking it apart.

The ones I ordered say Gem on them, I got them from BavAuto. They are completely useless. Whenever they start to get tight they just kick back and get looser, so they almost never get tight enough. Almost every hose that I used these on is leaking a little bit. I put the original ones back onto some of the badly leaking hoses and those aren't leaking anymore.

I guess the question is where do I get decent hose clamps that will actually tighten enough to be useful? The ones from Advance Auto are actually pretty good but they have a terrible selection and the price is just as bad.

Thanks!
    '86 325es M50

I try to only use BMW hose clamps. I hate aftermarket clamps.

Comment

The BMW ones are good but is the dealer the only place to get them or do other places sell them too? I wonder if pelican can get hose clamps from BMW if called and asked for... I hate pelican.
      -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

Paging Blunt...

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

/endthread
          -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

Working...
          X