Best way to ship a set of wheels with tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to ship a set of wheels with tires

I am trying to unload a few sets of wheels and tires. Just curious, how do most people go about this? I guess I have seen two wheels with tires, strapped together with those plastic straps, and protect everything with cut circles of cardboard. You can then usually apply your shipping label to the cardboard, right?

Ideally, that is how I would like to do it. But, would like to hear input from others who do this often.

Also, who are my options for shipping companies, just ups or fedex, right? If so, can they provide those plastic straps for me?
    Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

greyhound for the cheap?
    PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

instead of straps, go to home depot or lowes and get a threaded rod and some nuts/washers and bolt two wheels together face to face through the lug holes. tape up the exposed barrels, and shrink wrap the whole thing if you got it (not necessary).

I usually find FedEx is the most reasonable.

Comment

Greyhound is by far the cheapest.
        Jason
        flickr

Comment

I do this all the time. Just get cardboard and cut discs 2 thick and put 2 wheels together and shrink wrap the hell out of them/ If they are super high buck wheels Id use boxes. go to the dealer and ask nicely. They have stock rooms full of tire/wheel boxes for winter packages
          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I use boxes. Shrink wrap the wheels and use cardboard inserts to make tight. Then stuff the crap out of it with popcorn packing material.
            1991 318IS

Comment

I usually just pay the fee to have the shipping company package it and forward it onto the buyer.

Comment

Working...
              X