<b>Routine Maintenence: What to do?</b>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<b>Routine Maintenence: What to do?</b>

I have an 87 325i 5spd manual, bronzit. lol.

The car is now past due for an oil change, I figured if I'm already down there. I should look for other things that maintain the car in good health. What else can I do to insure the cars longevity.

In addition,previously I had done an oil change, spark plugs and a new thermostat. Seeing how relatively cheap these basic car components are, can I continue changing them? can it do the motor harm if I do it too often?
    Last edited by J0nnyr0ck3t; 11-24-2010, 02:05 PM. Reason: HTML
    Practice the study of E30ology.

flush your brakes, change diff and tranny fluid, fuel and air filters and drive it. No need to change plugs,cap and rotor etc very often if its running well. The timing belt has been done I assume?
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

replace air fillter, check the belts (especially timing belt), check rad hoses, check FPR and vacuum lines, check AFM flap travel (should go 90 degrees smoothly), check intake elbow for cracks
      cars beep boop

Comment

Also I have these two annoying lights currently on, what needs to be done for them to turn off.

-Anti-lock
        -Brake lining
        -Brake fluid-what type for an avid enthusiastic driver?
        Practice the study of E30ology.

Comment

-Brake Lining light is the sensor for the brake pads. The PO could have put on pads without purchasing a new sensor.
          sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
          "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

Originally posted by J0nnyr0ck3t View Post
            Also I have these two annoying lights currently on, what needs to be done for them to turn off.

-Anti-lock
            -Brake lining
            -Brake fluid-what type for an avid enthusiastic driver?
            yes you can just loop the sensors if thats the issue there is one on the front left and right rear wheel. solder the leads together or replace them. Most enthusiasts know when they need brake pads so i dont use them. search for the fix on the ABS light. Its an easy fix. there are many good brake fluids. I run ate super blue and alternate it with gold for easy flushing.

EDIT heres the write up on abs

We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
            X