easiest motor swap...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rodoni
    replied
    .....so if the 4 door isn't getting the LS motor, where's it going?

    Leave a comment:


  • euroLS1
    replied
    I'm going to do the m50 in the 4dr and m30 turbo in the 2dr(or vice versa)then sell one of the m20/auto drive trains. Now, I would like to know which one would be better suiting to each body? Should the 4dr have more power, does the 2dr have better handling etc. feel free to but they say,"closed mouths don't get feed" & I need answers...lol
    Last edited by euroLS1; 12-05-2010, 08:15 PM. Reason: punctuation

    Leave a comment:


  • euroLS1
    replied
    I was told if there's no pics then it didn't happen, which is cool but when I'm the 1st e30 to have a mid mount LS1 then maybe... :twisted:

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmerboy12
    replied
    Let us know what you end up doing. Considering this myself

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    I'd say 24v swap. You can buy an adapter if you're really lazy enough not to want to solder like 15 wires, then a different brake booster/MC. Reuse the G260 or a G240 (which is actually easier) and you don't even have to change out the driveshaft. But really both the M30 and the 24v swap are pretty easy to do.

    Originally posted by Raxe
    In before pictures and links from garretvs!
    I lol'd.

    Leave a comment:


  • Strelok
    replied
    Buy cheap M30, put on engine stand, boost, put in E30, profit

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    Originally posted by BeemerBuyer
    i love that that website refers to it as the DOHC swap. apparently they've not heard of the M42.

    Leave a comment:


  • NuthinFancy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sagaris
    I would rather spend $600 on a rebuilt AFM, sensors, hoses and tune-up items on an otherwise solid M20 and know that every part I might ever need to replace on the car is readily available and there arent any custom fab. parts , spliced electrical and such.

    I would dare to say that a lot of the guys that go M50 didnt want to spend the money to properly restore their M20 to a good state of tune.

    I've often said the samething. Im happy with a solid m20.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sagaris
    replied
    I would rather spend $600 on a rebuilt AFM, sensors, hoses and tune-up items on an otherwise solid M20 and know that every part I might ever need to replace on the car is readily available and there arent any custom fab. parts , spliced electrical and such.

    I would dare to say that a lot of the guys that go M50 didnt want to spend the money to properly restore their M20 to a good state of tune.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alpina
    replied
    With no doubt the M5x or S5x is the easy way,, as a direct swapp.. you can use the oem motormounts and the engine bolts in directly,,of corse there is some minor modification..
    with wiring and water hoses ,, but all the info,, are around

    M30 is not that hard either,, you get a lovely lowgrunt,, but fuel consuption is higher,, and the gearbox is bulletproof strong

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    Finish your LS1 swap. Don't be stupid.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jesse30
    replied
    Originally posted by 323iNathan
    Out of those 3 you have access to go with the s50 in the m3, but you need a bunch of stuff from an e34 like the oil pan etc. to fit it in an e30.

    Apparently the m30 is the easiest swap but I don't know anything about the swap, but read up on it if you're interested...
    orly, i didnt know the pan and dipstick were "a bunch of things"

    Leave a comment:


  • Butler
    replied


    BAM!

    Leave a comment:


  • Butler
    replied
    Grab that S50! Its been done many many many times before so you have lots of resources for help if you need it. The swap section has lots of good threads. : )


    PICS OF LS1! :hitler:

    Leave a comment:


  • OrganicMechanic
    replied
    Originally posted by euroLS1
    how do u have an informed question? oh, & i asked the question to get peoples opinions. LS1 hasn't happened, it's happening and i am in no rush. besides its Christmas and i have a wife and kids to worry about. can't hump my e30...
    Heres how to have an informed question--research first if details are unclear the ask for the clarification.

    pix or didnt happen--means to show your work-make a build thread-post a shitty cell phone pic as a teaser-

    kids are your own fault

    and you can hump in an e30


    an that bar on the right, it scrolls down and reveals so much more info, try it on the main page and you will be amazed at what you find

    Leave a comment:

Working...