easiest motor swap...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30e
    replied
    Your ls1 weighs less than any bmw inline 6 out there thats attainable on a normal budget, it puts out more tq and hp than any non boost inline six from bmw. If you want a bmw swapped bmw then more power to you but in my mind nothing beats $$$ to hp ratio of ls series of engines.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    S50, definitely. No real sense in doing an M50 swap unless you plan on doing massive boost/racing class hp/weight rules require something less/super tight budget.

    Leave a comment:


  • euroLS1
    replied
    I guess I just can't figure out which one I wanna do. m50 or s50. I could purchase either one just don't want to run into the same road blocks as the ls1. thanks 4 the info on the 24v section guess i'll do some all nite reading...lol

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Mostly just one car for the big parts needed. Go to the 24v section, every n00b question you have is answered there.

    Pictures of the Ls1

    Leave a comment:


  • Raxe
    replied
    Stroked M20 would definitely be the easiest swap.

    Leave a comment:


  • euroLS1
    replied
    haven't completed the LS1 swap yet (kinda wanna take a break from it...lol) and i want to have the best of both worlds with this (str8 line & the twisties) the 24v would use all existing parts from donor or would i be pulling from different platforms?

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • KirkerBezerker
    replied
    If you've already done one LS swap, might as well do two!

    Leave a comment:


  • OrganicMechanic
    replied
    24v is by far the easiest.

    Leave a comment:


  • euroLS1
    started a topic easiest motor swap...

    easiest motor swap...

    1989 325i 2dr

    This is my 1st post even though I've gathered plenty info here from time to time. I would like to get your opinions on what you "feel" is the easiest swap vs. the facts of what would be the easiest no fab swap. I'm in the process of dropping a LS1 into my 4dr e30 and the 2dr is begging for more go. Don't want to turbo the m20 seeing as though it may not be as dependable for the hp gains. I appreciate any info as I'm ready to start collecting parts needed. Thanks!
Working...