Burning smell from front of car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning smell from front of car?

Ok, this is starting to annoy/bother/frighten me. Every time the car goes on the highway, when I park it smells like I'm cooking the fuse box.

No flames after repeated checks, no visual or noticeable reasons for this.

Only thing I'm coming up with is a partially/occasionally frozen caliper, or something to do with the ABS sensor, as the light is sporadically coming on and off.

Thoughts? Don't like burning smells :)

you sure it's not coming from the engine? leaking oil? I know my 320i leaked oil from time to time and some would fall on the exhaust manifold..it would then smell.
    E30 325i 1990 (Winter beater)
    E36 M3/4/5 1997 (Futur IP car?)
    BMW Club of Quebec

Comment

Originally posted by silverblades181
      you sure it's not coming from the engine? leaking oil? I know my 320i leaked oil from time to time and some would fall on the exhaust manifold..it would then smell.
      I suppose that's a possibility. I'll take another look when I smell it, maybe that's a possibility. I'm changing the vc gasket soon when I adjust my valves anyways. Maybe that will help.

Comment

I just found the exact same thing happening on my 318is. When I was at a stop or parking, I would smell a burning smell coming in through the vents. Popped the hood and let it run for a few minutes and watched some oil drips hit the exhaust manifold...

Comment

Working...
        X