The rain muffed me up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rain muffed me up!

So after work last night it was raining, and foggy. I was driving and going to make a left hand turn. There was a turning lane for the intersection and also a turning lane for the plaza right before the intersection. I went into the plaza turning lane because I couldn't see a curb that separated the 2 turning lanes because of the reflection of the lights on the fog. I hit the curb & jumped it, busted my basket weave & destroyed my oilpan. Pulled into the gas station and this is what i saw: (iphone pics)

At least I hadn't lowered the car yet like I was planning to do next week. The volvo lip is busted but I already have an is-lip en route. I believe the IE strut brace also helped to keep the tower from warping. It sucks because ive been here for over a year and was about to make my introductory thread once I lowered it and then this happened. Oh well, you live & you learn. Got to go salvage a pan from the yard today and also look for another weave and E36 steering rack.

Welcome to R3V

Comment

Quite an intro! Bravo!

All the best to getting it back together! ;)
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

ahah Thanks gentlemen.
        Once I get her all fixed up, I'll make a proper intro thread.

Comment

bummer but welcome

Comment

ouch how fast were you going while trying to make that turn?

Comment

Just began braking from 35-40mph.
              Going now to get it towed. Control arm looked fine last nite but we'll see when I get there.

Comment

Picked up a pan at picknpull today & after a little cleaning:

Comment

Working...
                X