Shipping a dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping a dashboard

Im trying to figure out how much it is to ship a dash board from nh to kentucky. Anyone who has shipped a dash have what it costed them to ship it? I put it on UPS and got 220

It's not rocket science, go to ups.com or fedex.com or usps.com and enter the size and weight of the dash (boxed + ready to go). I'm sure someone will post up on here that they shipped one cross-country for like $12, but if that's true, then someone at the shipping place didn't do their job.

You've got to pay for space or weight capacity that your item takes on the shipping companies truck. If it's large + light, they have oversize surcharges that are supposed to account for that and add $$$ to the cost because of size.

Might try greyhound, but any way you ship it it's got to be packed very well or risk it arriving cracked.

Comment

Yeah, that's a pretty big risk.
      Yours truly,
      Rich
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Rigmaster
      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rigmaster View Post
        It's not rocket science, go to ups.com or fedex.com or usps.com and enter the size and weight of the dash (boxed + ready to go). I'm sure someone will post up on here that they shipped one cross-country for like $12, but if that's true, then someone at the shipping place didn't do their job.

You've got to pay for space or weight capacity that your item takes on the shipping companies truck. If it's large + light, they have oversize surcharges that are supposed to account for that and add $$$ to the cost because of size.

Might try greyhound, but any way you ship it it's got to be packed very well or risk it arriving cracked.
        spot on, ive shipped everything from back seats to doors. be careful cause your fragile shit WILL be under othre ppls heavy shit.
        '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
        '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
        '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
        '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

Comment

Working...
        X