Rear ashtray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear ashtray

The rear ashtray always opens by itself on my car. It does this on every e30 I have seen. How about you guys?
    Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

My car is a beaten up POS and does not have this problem, has plenty of resistance still.

I would assume it's because of hot/cold - expansion/contraction over so many years, or use, or whatever

WTB: early e30 sedan front doors

Comment

Ghosts.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Mine never does this.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          Ghosts.
          this^

who's that asshole in the back smoking in your ride..?
          https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

broken spring. get a replacement

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Quick question.....why the fuck is the rear damn ash tray so fucking expensive?????? I was bored the other day and looked on world pac at the rear ashtray and it lists out at $256 and our cost was $190. All for the little nothing magic ashtray......... yes mine opened today on its own
              Originally posted by Good & Tight
              It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Hit the nearest pick n pull and take as many as u find test the spring before u take one of course and problem solved. I found 3 yesterday.

Btw before I went to the pick n pull yes mine kept opening by itself but I crazy glued tht bitch shut (I let NO ONE smoke in my car) so it was no biggie for me.
                sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Originally posted by NuthinFancy View Post
                  Hit the nearest pick n pull and take as many as u find test the spring before u take one of course and problem solved. I found 3 yesterday.

Btw before I went to the pick n pull yes mine kept opening by itself but I crazy glued tht bitch shut (I let NO ONE smoke in my car) so it was no biggie for me.
                  You know thats probably the smartest damn thing I have read on here in a while....
                  E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                    My spring was still there, just out of its spot, problem solved.

Comment

Has anyone done something different to this part? i.e change storage, Ipod holder etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                        ^This

Originally posted by NuthinFancy View Post
                        ^This. Sell them on eBay for profit. You won't believe how much these things go for

Comment

I think I have one in my garage somewhere if someone wants it. Could be the front one though. I'll check. PM me if you're in need.
                          Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                          All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Hey-U View Post
                            Has anyone done something different to this part? i.e change storage, Ipod holder etc?
                            I've thought about doing something different with that lil section. I might have a lil more motivation to do something now that your mentioning it.:idea:
                            sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

I've been thinking about cutting up the area where some e30s have the cassette holder and making a storage box in there. It sucks only keeping things in the glovebox or the map pockets.

Comment

Working...
                              X