Removing stuck glovebox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing stuck glovebox?

I've been tugging downward on this thing with all my might and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Any tips and tricks? I gotta swap this ECU out.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

A huge screw driver. Just start prying the handle off. You will need a new glovebox and latch but it's the only way mine would come off.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

If you have little arms.... pop the pass side air vent out and you can reach in with your hand. feel for the two sides of the latch, squeeze the pins together and it will open.

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

there are 4 screws near the firewall that you can take out of the back of the glove box. once those are out, you can twist the box enough to pop it lose without breaking anything.
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

i did a glove box relocation to the trunk.. just yank on it

Comment

If you drop the back of the glove box you might have better luck reaching through and squeezing those latches

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Lolol I tried the twist of death today..the glove box broke free, but the actual thing where the handle is attached to is still there...fuck :(
              Originally posted by TSI
              ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
              OEM+

Comment

Working...
              X