No announcement yet.

318is totaled - insurance won't acknowledge added value of modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like your insurance company is trying to screw you like they do everyone else.
    Last edited by e34john; 02-14-2011, 09:49 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I work in insurance (not a claims adjuster though) but for aftermarket parts, wheels or stereo systems you have to add on your policy. When they work up your policy its on a stock 318.. so they charge you for a stock 318. If you want to have 2k in aftermarket parts covered you gotta pay for it... common sense.

Good luck though, if you have receipts that will help.. but if not you are probably SOL. Just buy it back and part it out.

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
        If you are keeping the car, why would they give you more money for the parts that they are letting you have?
        This. $3100 on a 318is is a good payout. Use it to buy a decent car and move all the go fast bits to it. Then part out the rest and make more money.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by moe30 View Post
          I work in insurance (not a claims adjuster though) but for aftermarket parts, wheels or stereo systems you have to add on your policy. When they work up your policy its on a stock 318.. so they charge you for a stock 318. If you want to have 2k in aftermarket parts covered you gotta pay for it... common sense.

Good luck though, if you have receipts that will help.. but if not you are probably SOL. Just buy it back and part it out.
          For the last time, I am not dealing with my own insurance company here, so this is irrelevant. The accident was not my fault, therefore I am dealing with the other party's insurance company. And yes I have receipts for most of the parts and I have sent them to insurance yet they refuse to acknowledge the added value to the car, hence the reason for this thread.

Originally posted by e34john View Post
          If you are keeping the car, why would they give you more money for the parts that they are letting you have?
          DUDE COME ON! I'm trying to get my money out of it! Think how much money you spend on insurance and then think of how much they do for you! Besides, it's their job to give me what the car was worth before the accident. Whether or not I keep the car has no bearing on their offer. In my case, it makes more sense to pay the $450 so I can keep the car because the parts are worth way more than that.

I AM GOING TO DELETE THIS LATER so no more posts along these lines please! I still intend to show this thread to insurance if I can manage to get people to clean up their posts!
          sigpic

Comment

Actually, it's their job to pay you at least book value. Everything after that is icing.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggens96 View Post
              For the last time, I am not dealing with my own insurance company here, so this is irrelevant. The accident was not my fault, therefore I am dealing with the other party's insurance company. And yes I have receipts for most of the parts and I have sent them to insurance yet they refuse to acknowledge the added value to the car, hence the reason for this thread.

DUDE COME ON! I'm trying to get my money out of it! Think how much money you spend on insurance and then think of how much they do for you! Besides, it's their job to give me what the car was worth before the accident. Whether or not I keep the car has no bearing on their offer. In my case, it makes more sense to pay the $450 so I can keep the car because the parts are worth way more than that.

I AM GOING TO DELETE THIS LATER so no more posts along these lines please! I still intend to show this thread to insurance if I can manage to get people to clean up their posts!
              Well now it's quoted for the whole world to see....

Anyways, you should have your insurance go to bat for you, this should be part of your policy. You make a claim with your insurance about the incident, they fix or pay out, then YOUR insurance goes and fights it out with the other guys.

Or you can just not listen to anything else that was helpful in this thread and try to get us to say what your wanting to hear.
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

dude, come on!

He's going to delete this later, so just post lies about his shitbox so he can swindle the
                other guys insurance co.
                sigpic

Comment

What Eric said.

People like you are why it costs me an arm, a leg, and an asshole for insurance. Never fucking happy.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post
                    dude, come on!

He's going to delete this later, so just post lies about his shitbox so he can swindle the
                    other guys insurance co.
                    like you wouldn't do the same. spare me your holier-than-thou attitude
                    sigpic

Comment

i <3 this thread.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Well now it's quoted for the whole world to see....

Anyways, you should have your insurance go to bat for you, this should be part of your policy. You make a claim with your insurance about the incident, they fix or pay out, then YOUR insurance goes and fights it out with the other guys.

Or you can just not listen to anything else that was helpful in this thread and try to get us to say what your wanting to hear.
                        As previously stated multiple times, my own insurance company has nothing to do with the claim at this point because the other guy's insurance accepted full liability. Besides, it is not in my best interest to tell my own insurance company that I have a bunch of aftermarket parts - I don't have liability insurance so there would never be any circumstance in which my own insurance company is paying me out for modifications. And by the way, if I had been looking for advice, I would have said so. There were indeed helpful posts in this thread, though yours were not one of them.
                        sigpic

Comment

sounds like the only help you want is help to artificially inflate the price of your car. I'm pretty sure that's called insurance fraud.

Moral of this story?

Comment

thou shall not speak to Eric in that manner.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                              What Eric said.

People like you are why it costs me an arm, a leg, and an asshole for insurance. Never fucking happy.
                              right. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you are male, twenty-something, you drive a BMW, and you may or may not have a questionable driving record. None of those things could possibly increase your insurance costs, could they?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                                sounds like the only help you want is help to artificially inflate the price of your car. I'm pretty sure that's called insurance fraud.
                                I want to get a price that is around what I could have sold the car for prior to the accident. As the first poster said, that is around $5k, arguably.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X