cost for an m50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cost for an m50?

Im looking foward into buying an m50 but i want to know about how much should i expect to pay for a decent one.
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    Racelands are cheap shit.
    Originally posted by whodwho
    So are r3v members
    Originally posted by Cabriolet
    dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Im I the only one who sees the irony?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^ lol I see. Just thought that it would be a cool username.
      So are r3v members
      dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

i always tell forumners to not bother with the m50 swap. go s50+ or its wasted effort.. its a lot of time and effort and money and changes for so little hp gains. the m20 is a good motor. put that money on the m20 and you'll be way happier.
        No more e30s for me.
        88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
        88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
        91 BMW 325i [sold]
        86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastm50 View Post
          ^ lol I see. Just thought that it would be a cool username.
          Ahh okay. It just made it seem like you were some kind of M50 OG but you were asking the rest of us the price of one. Well I sold one to my buddy for about 350ish. I bought one for 500 and my other buddy bought one for 700. It really depends on who you get it from and how much they want out of it. Generally though 400-800.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i got my m50 with harness and everything for 450...and nvm50 are boost friendly, thats why i chose the route i did..and im stepping up from an m42, so the power gain will be noticable enoughh :)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
              i always tell forumners to not bother with the m50 swap. go s50+ or its wasted effort.. its a lot of time and effort and money and changes for so little hp gains. the m20 is a good motor. put that money on the m20 and you'll be way happier.
              Im not going to go into a three page long battle with you on the subject but from my personal experience of owning a very healthy M20B25 and a low mile M50B25 I would describe the M50 as "effortless power". I have to hustle the M20 along quite a bit more and still not get as much from it. In my opinion it is totally worth it considering the tuneability of the M50 and how the M20B25 is already rather high strung for what it is.

Comment

m50 is a better powerplant, its what replaced the m20 you know...more tq, more hp, better mpg, more reliable, no timing belt, no cap and rotor... please show me a downside to 24v's?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
                  m50 is a better powerplant, its what replaced the m20 you know...more tq, more hp, better mpg, more reliable, no timing belt, no cap and rotor... please show me a downside to 24v's?
                  They dont sound as good :(

Thats the only thing I can think of though.

Comment

He isn't saying 24v sucks, he is saying go S5X or stay M20 which I would agree with since it is kinda like shocks and springs vs coilovers, sure it may be cheaper in the short term but if you are looking for performance, in the long run it is cheaper to just skip it and go for the real deal.
                    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Alright thanks for the feedback. I'll just start to save for it and hopefully it will get done.
                      So are r3v members

Comment

Do lots of reading, planning, and shopping around. I got mine from Wishno87, like he said for 350. I had to buy missing things on motor.

Essentially every gasket was bought, and about 75% of the hardware on motor was bought new...

Ive seen swaps done for 700$ and I have seen m50 swaps in the 2000$-3000$ range. Just depends on what you want

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

the weight gain is the only real downside.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

picknpull you can get m50 out of e34's for like $200-300

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                            RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

i'm not downsiding the 24v's just the m50 for the effort/power gain ratio. I mean, yeah, if you're m20 is going then this is a great chance to upgrade to a more reliable motor, specially being very common to pick one up for around $500... hell, it even looks better. But the swap is the same as an m3 motor and when its all said and done the price difference is 1-1.k idk its a lot of performance, but hey everyone has a different application. Some people buy 4-cyl pickup trucks just 'cuase they need the practicality, but have no interest towing 5000lbs.
                              No more e30s for me.
                              88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                              88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                              91 BMW 325i [sold]
                              86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Working...
                              X