Ebay Glass Lens Fog lights any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Glass Lens Fog lights any good?

Anyone have any experiance with the glass lens oe replica lights off ebay? There only like $85 shipped.

they're okay. nothing beats the original plastic ones. i had these on my car and liked them until my oem fog gasket surround took a dump. they were nla and the gaskets that game with these fog lights don't fit very well. I ultimately decided to do fog light deletes. looks much cleaner and i don't have to worry about a rock going through the glass or pitting

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
      they're okay. nothing beats the original plastic ones.
      the three e30's i've had all had glass fog light lenses, and i dont think they were aftermarket???
      1991 318is ---230K - DD
      1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
      so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
        the three e30's i've had all had glass fog light lenses, and i dont think they were aftermarket???
        for a while BMW used plastic but then they switched suppliers. I had the original plastic ones but they were beyond salvageable compared to glass

Comment

Aftermarket lenses and aftermarket fogs have plastic lenses factory have glass lenses.

I have never heard of this magical unicorn factory plastic lenses fog light you speak of..
          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
            Aftermarket lenses and aftermarket fogs have plastic lenses factory have glass lenses.

I have never heard of this magical unicorn factory plastic lenses fog light you speak of..
            statement retracted. i got hosed

Comment

Was going to buy some but it was a PITA to get rid of my old glass, it had a few huge cracks so I couldn't heat it up and just pry out the entire lens. It shattered and I tried chipping away at the edges until I gave up and just got some blanks.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                Update your info. There is a new batch of these ebay fog lights, and they are made of glass. People say they look legit too.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

you can get oem and replace the lenses. they looks just as new

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                  RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Genuine facelift fogs have glass lenses an are made by ZKW in Austria. Plastic lenses are fakes and have a bad fitment. I'd prefer used genuine ones over fake lights.

Comment

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
                      you can get oem and replace the lenses. they looks just as new
                      What are you saying? You can buy just the lenses new?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        Update your info. There is a new batch of these ebay fog lights, and they are made of glass. People say they look legit too.

Yes I read the ad to see that the new ones were glass. My snarky retort was to the fact it was stated the factory offered plastic lenses for late E30 fogs.
                        seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Ohhhhh. I see what you did there. Yea, the factory never put in plastic lenses. Bmwstephen, who is normally on his game, is dead wrong.

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                          for a while BMW used plastic but then they switched suppliers. I had the original plastic ones but they were beyond salvageable compared to glass
                          I do like the detail about switching suppliers. It really sounded like you knew something we all didn't!

;)

Comment

My foglight internals are shot from water damage so replacing just the lens is out of the question. I am wondering if it is worth to buy these foglights on ebay for about $85 for the set?

Comment

The PO of my car put shitty ebay glass in. It cracked one day going down the road from a little pebbel.
                              Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

Working...
                              X