whats the code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the code?

i think i figured out how to fix my obc!
    it lights up, changes screens, but nothing happens.
    the only screen that lets me do anything is the "code" screen....when i start putting in numbers....

so what is the code i need to put in?

try: up, up down, down, left, right, left, right b, a

Comment

NO smartass!
      i mean the 1000 100 10 1 thing

Comment

still dont know!

Comment

If you enter a code of your choosing, then the obc is set to make any operator input that code before the car will start. It is a theft thing...one more deterant from getting your car ripped off. All the other functions can be set by using a pen and pushing in the tiny circle near the bottom of the obc.
          The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

so i should stop putting in random numbers?

Comment

yes, you don't need to keep putting in random numbers
              stephenbrody.com

Comment

I thought this was set from the factory based on your VIN like the radio code. I.E. - You need to go to the dealer to find out what the code is if you don't know it. Also, won't the car not start if the code feature is active?

Comment

Wrong, it is set by the owner which 90% never bothered to do. You are right on the car not starting though.
                  Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                  I thought this was set from the factory based on your VIN like the radio code. I.E. - You need to go to the dealer to find out what the code is if you don't know it. Also, won't the car not start if the code feature is active?

Comment

Originally posted by raafhimself View Post
                    try: up, up down, down, left, right, left, right b, a
                    nah dude...it's ' up, down, up, down, left, rt, left, rt, b, a, select, start, cross fingers.....
                    -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

TheIsNoCowLevel
                      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                        ThereIsNoCowLevel
                        manovergame
                        Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

actually, you set the code yourself, to whatever you choose. its in the owner's manual. you dont have to activate the code all the time. It also states that if more than 3 failed attempts are made to input the code the alarm will sound. Do all 13-button OBC cars have alarms?

I wouldn't do it. My OBC buttons are a too flaky.
                          --Will

Comment

You probably accidentally put in a code fiddling with it and now your fucked.
                            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                              You probably accidentally put in a code fiddling with it and now your fucked.
                              hahaha, I remember when I was real young my mom had put in the incorrect code in the OBC and the alarm was going nuts for like 5 minutes. Although I do remember the car starting....

When I got the car I never used it, just reset the OBC and went on my way.
                              stephenbrody.com

Comment

Working...
                              X