Rock Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Auto

I'm ordering some car parts from Rock Auto not related to bmw just so everyone knows. The prices are okay. The real reason i'm using them is availability over local part houses. The problem arises when every part ordered is coming from a different warehouse. $1.13 gasket from warehouse B comes with $8 shipping. Anyone know how to manipulate the orders to avoid this?
    i'lldoitforacaravan

Why not order from Blunt?
    BMWCCA # 482566

Originally posted by nando
    also, I can't think of any BMW special tools you need to do a headgasket on an M20. you could nearly do it with the trunk tool kit, some bubble gum, and string.
    Check out my Leather Shift Boots for Sale Here

Check out my other work with my GF Here Great gifts for your Wife or GF

Comment

you cant, they use worldpac with 20+ warehouses.

you can also order from us, one box for new, used and euro.

Whether you order from us or who ever, support the community and order from a forum sponsor.
      sigpic
      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

^^ not sure if it matters but the OP did specify non-BMW parts
        sigpic

Comment

Amazon is kinda the same thing. Shipping is a bitch. I must sped about $100-$200 a month on incomming packages. And another 200 in outbound packages.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Car Addict View Post
            ^^ not sure if it matters but the OP did specify non-BMW parts
            it doesnt matter, lot of us that sell parts have whole sale accounts and these suppliers have parts for any car.
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Watch for the Truck Icons in Online Catalog

Originally posted by Restoman View Post
              I'm ordering some car parts from Rock Auto not related to bmw just so everyone knows. The prices are okay. The real reason i'm using them is availability over local part houses. The problem arises when every part ordered is coming from a different warehouse. $1.13 gasket from warehouse B comes with $8 shipping. Anyone know how to manipulate the orders to avoid this?
              Restoman, thank you for visiting RockAuto.com. It sounds like you are shopping for hard to find parts that might each be stocked in only one of our warehouses. But in general, to minimize shipping costs:
              • Use the truck icons in the RockAuto shopping cart and in the catalog to help you minimize the number of locations your order will ship from. As you add parts to the shopping cart, the truck icons with letters represent the location where your part will be shipping from (location A, B, C, etc.). A blank truck icon in the catalog is showing you that the particular part is available from the same location as a part in your shopping cart.
              • Ship to your office or business, rather than your home (commercial rates are lower).

We try to make our shipping charges match what carriers charge us. We do not consider shipping a "profit center" -- on the contrary, we pass on to customers the discounts we receive from carriers.

Please email service@rockauto.com or call 1-866-ROCKAUTO if you have unanswered questions.

Comment

Working...
              X