Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in this E30, is it a good buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in this E30, is it a good buy?

found a nice E30 in my budget on CL today, just wanted to run it by you guys who know more about these cars than I currently do to see if it seems like a good buy. Only problem is that its an auto"tragic" lol....i did not know that the IS's came in an automatic. is this real or a faker? i emailed him asking for more pics too

Thanks in advance

link: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2277087540.html

Looks good. Offer him $2000-$2500

Comment

clean as far as i can tell...you can find new fresh seats for <$400 easy. i'd say even 3k is worth it depending on mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
        Looks good. Offer him $2000-$2500
        yeah to be honest, i was going to start negotiating at about $2200 and work from there

but does the is's come in an automatic?

Comment

yeah they come in autotragic too. But if he 'buys as projects and sells them' he better have done the timing belt and tune up etc etc if not offer him 2
          '88 325i cabbie royal blau
          '91 325i cabbie calypso rot
          '92 318i cabbie laguna green
          ~I like all my b!tches topless ;-)~

Comment

Take it for less than $2.5k If no tune up it's not worth it.
            WTB E30. Right now $1500+ Vert or 4 door only.

Price range will increase every month.

Comment

Originally posted by Violet88 View Post
              yeah they come in autotragic too. But if he 'buys as projects and sells them' he better have done the timing belt and tune up etc etc if not offer him 2
              they do? that's lame...lol
              well i emailed him last night asking if that list of stuff is what needs to be done or if it has already been done. he's not so clear on the ad...just waiting on the response...

Comment

id say 3k is a very fair price for that nice of a car. yeah its autotragic, but the chassis looks very clean.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Did I miss the mileage cause I don't see it?? I paid $2900 for my stock 88 325is auto with105k on it almost 3 years ago. So if it's been maintained and modded, $3k is definitly a fair deal.

88 325iS(Cam'ed m20)
                  P2 S60 Daily
                  IG: @ratherbefisting

Comment

id check front and rear to see whats been replaced or if it's been hit. sometimes the new paint job is just a cover up. doesnt sound like a bad deal. but definitely be thorough.

Comment

Originally posted by AE_m20 View Post
                      Did I miss the mileage cause I don't see it?? I paid $2900 for my stock 88 325is auto with105k on it almost 3 years ago. So if it's been maintained and modded, $3k is definitly a fair deal.
                      yeah its not listed, gunna call him tomorrow. still hasnt replied to my email

Originally posted by TS323 View Post
                      id check front and rear to see whats been replaced or if it's been hit. sometimes the new paint job is just a cover up. doesnt sound like a bad deal. but definitely be thorough.
                      yeah if i like it in person, gunna examine the ish outta it and run a carfax just to be safe. since the paintjob is new, means the accident would be recent and most likely in the carfax systems. good looks tho :)

Comment

if i was looking for an e30 with a 3k budget i'd be trying to find unmolested, slightly tired but clean stockers. a little maintenance and you're good to go with a nice, clean example.
                        8380 Laboratories
                        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Working...
                        X