1991 318iS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318iS

Hey again, finally bought myself an e30 as my first car :). It's a red 1991 318iS 5spd with 236,xxx or so on the odo. Absolutely no rust, runs excellent with and only a few cosmetically problems.. went through a Missouri hail storm, Missing a spoiler, couple trim pieces and a light in the headliner which i'm going to pick up in the oncoming days. Planning on an oil change and i'm going to paint the trim. Run's cool and has had the timing chain changed twice.
    here are some pictures!

Last edited by royce30; 04-03-2011, 05:02 PM.

Err Timing Belt?

They do not have a timing belt it is a timing chain. Also I have to ask are you going to keep those head lights?

Other then that she looks alright nothing a bit of hard work can't fix. If you are new to the M42 welcome to a love and hate relationship. LOL

Oh and pics of the car in the garage.
    sigpic

Comment

1) Cudos on the m42 car and welcome to r3vland.

2) Those headlights aren’t likely to be loved on this forum.

3) Bummer about whoever hack-jobbed the muffler outlet on rear valence

4) Nice seats!

5) You’ve got work !
      Last edited by Simon S; 04-03-2011, 05:08 PM.
      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
        Err Timing Belt?

They do not have a timing belt it is a timing chain. Also I have to ask are you going to keep those head lights?

Other then that she looks alright nothing a bit of hard work can't fix. If you are new to the M42 welcome to a love and hate relationship. LOL

Oh and pics of the car in the garage.
        Whoops thanks for catching my mistake. Meant chain* and the cars an 06 Mustang GT, I'll snap a pic tomorrow. Also, I plan on cleaning them up and replacing them later on with HID's or something, I love the look of the angel eyes in blue.

Comment

It looks like your headlights have glaucoma ahah. Besides that it looks like a good start. Welcome to the forums and a great hobby that burns money!
          r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

i have the same car and love it so far if you need help finding parts let me know. also i dont care what they said about the timing chain replace the tensioner asap before you have a problem . Its the weak link in the m42
            Last edited by 1991318is1; 04-04-2011, 04:21 AM.
            you know you drive an e30 when you spend more time and money on it than your girlfriend.

Comment

So it seems that everyone doesn't like OEM E30 lights. I looked around and see that a large amount of people use the ellipsoid hella headlights or w.e. I checked them out and there $500 new. Isn't that a little extreme?? Do those also have the glowing rings when you pull the nob halfway? I like that a lot.. Any other cheaper alternatives for HIDs.. buy some used off classifieds etc? Note.. I do NOT want to look like a cheap ass river with blindingly blue lights haha

Comment

basically, the best way to go with the headlights is just buy standard ellipsoid housings and lights, they run about 150-200 in good used condition, and then you can install HID bulbs and ballast's, you don't need to get smileys, although they do look sexy ;)
                and stay away from non ellipsoid oem headlight apparatus's, i hear they spray light everywhere but the road if you install HID bulbs lolz.

Comment

when it comes to headlights oem looks the best in an e30 angel eyes are kinda ricer , i happed to have a buddy who wrecked his car and when i bought mine the headlights and seats were junk , so i bought the whole lot with a euro e30 chome bumper for 200 bucks , but if your looking close enough you can find the right lights for around 120ish
                  you know you drive an e30 when you spend more time and money on it than your girlfriend.

Comment

btw wtf did they do to your door panels ?!

Comment

Originally posted by 1991318is1 View Post
                      btw wtf did they do to your door panels ?!
                      If you mean why are my door panels tan and seats black are the original owner replaced the tan seats that I presume ripped over time with aftermarket black leather ones. I don't mind as theyre quite comfy and still heated ;)

Comment

do they cut holes in the door panels for your speakers lol. i have the same exact seats and interior and car it actually cracked me up i thought i was the only one with black seats in a tan interior . im going to have the back seat reupholstered to match them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1991318is1 View Post
                          do they cut holes in the door panels for your speakers lol. i have the same exact seats and interior and car it actually cracked me up i thought i was the only one with black seats in a tan interior . im going to have the back seat reupholstered to match them.
                          I'm debating at the moment whether to just black out my damn grill kidneys, the chrome started to peel and the clips won't budge.. I don't wanna muscle them off and break them, PIA haha btw does yours have a spoiler? There's 4 columns if holes in my trunk where a spoiler used to be, any idea what kind it'd be? I can take a picture if you have no idea what I'm Talking about...

Comment

ya mine has the spoiler if you want you can pm me your email and i will take some pics of mine an send them to ya . the guy before me decided to black my hood out , but i think i am going to keep it that way but im going to repaint it right . dont know about the kidnys

Comment

btw it was prob a factory lip spoiler and they are getting tough to find and can be pricey .

Comment

Working...
                              X