E30 - BUYER BEWARE: "89vert507" SCAMMER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 - BUYER BEWARE: "89vert507" SCAMMER

Fellow Enthusiasts: I've linked the post I made on the bimmerforums. For your reading pleasure. He might be a forum member here also.

It sucks that Enthusiasts have to deal with this.

Mods, please feel free to move this as needed.

Thanks

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
    - Y2K M Coupe (DD, Track Rat)
    - '08 Land Cruiser (Family Hauler/Tow)
    - '90 E30 4/5sp. (DD/ Son)
    - '87 AW11 Mr2 (AutoX-Rally-Track)
    - '06 Royal Enfield Bullet 350 w/sidecar (weekend cruiser)

Future
    - E92 M3
    - 88-91 M3 (maybe.. if I can find one, regret selling in 05)

- Richie

Post address of seller.

Comment

damm.. i hate people like that!
      no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

No offence to you but you should has asked for pictures in better lighting. Also YOU could have paid for the 3 dollars on your end and solved every problem you are having right now. I never gift money, I would rather pay the fee out of my pocket to cover my own ass.

I am not one bit defending the seller, he should repay you. But I am betting this will not happen. My brother bought a MT1 effects from a guy in Ca. Let's just say he is out of 900.00 and some wetback fuck is smoking something nice.

Let this be your lesson, what is 3 dollars to get covered?
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I feel fortunate that I haven't had to deal with something like this, although I know I will eventually. I hope it is resolved soon

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

yep its a cracked dash.
            cracks are there.
            i agree, it is cracked.

contact paypal.

Comment

Paypal ain't gunna do a fucking thing if the money was sent as a gift. They will do absolutely nothing.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

The Scammer's name is:

Christopher Tornello
                2310 Larchmont Pl.
                Mount Laurel, NJ. 08054-5925
                Cell: 609-841-5004

I don't think PAYPAL can do anything because the funds were sent as a "Gift". I'll check..
                Maybe the Post 9-11 Soldier's and Sailors Act that the President enacted can help.

We'll see..

Please feel free to post this link in other BMW/E30 Boards for all to see.

Thanks for all your help.

Future
                - E92 M3

- Richie

Comment

You should never send money as a gift on paypal because they wouldnt be able to get your money back. The small fee you pay is for their services when shit does happen. However, If you paid with your credit card you can call your Credit card company and make a claim. Most of the time the Credit card companys will get your money back.

As a seller, when you do ship an item always make sure the item is signature required. If the item you sold gets lost and there wasnt a signature required, its going to come out of your own pocket.

Some info I thought Id share with fellow enthusiasts.

Comment

damn... that blows.

I'm pretty used to it by now. First m50 I bought - was supposed to be a complete motor... due my naive over-excited nature when my swap project first started, I went on the word of someone I did not know personally - a 'friend of a friend.' It was in pieces in a box (came with wiseco forged pistons, was already apart to take to the machine shop, turns out it was missing a crank main cap. I confronted the guy, even drove down and showed up at his house and knocked on his door. His parents answered but he refused to come out -f*cker moved to California. It ended up costing me a pretty penny at the machine shop to line bore the block again and balance everything.

As the project progressed, I realized I was missing more and more parts, and eventually got fed up with the first m50 and bought a second, this time - at least got wise and bought one that was fully put together, and was 'last seen running strong about 2 months ago before it was pulled.' Bought it on a friday, hauled it home 2 hours away, cleaned it up and had it in the car a week later. Fast forward through winter break (in college at this point still) - I get the wiring done up, and go to test fire the motor.... turns out the head was leakier than a russian submarine. Bent valves on the exhaust side.

SO I swapped the head from the first motor (which I had cleaned up at the machine shop originally) - got it fired up around 3 days before I left for Europe this summer following graduation.

The 'friend of a friend' who had been helping me for over a year at this point - owned the shop that I kept the car at. I paid him $700 with the agreement that he would finish up the car while I was gone (a total of 7 weeks). I got back from Europe and nothing had been done. I was extremely patient and gave him all the time in world - even asked if he needed more money for parts when he claimed that he had started fabbing up my exhaust system.

Well on December 30 2010, I find out via a phone call from this jackass's neighbor that he (the owner/ 'friend of a friend') just got evicted from his shop because he had not been paying rent - and was there collecting his shit with a truck and his family - aaaannnnddd to top it off that he send a customers car to the crusher.

I couldn't afford to get the car towed back from Harrisonburg (to Oakton in NoVa) until February. Ton of parts got stolen out of it while it sat there and decayed only 90% finished - including my Vibrant muffler/resonator combo that I had picked out, my new 16 inch SPAL pusher, jackstands, HID's - you name it. He didn't even have the courtesy to lock the car when he left.

/end rant.

I've been waiting to type that out for a while - for all of you on here who have dealt with me at all - I apologize for flaking out on numerous deals to purchase things (a harness and a MAF come to mind) - but I have had to deal with unbelievable douchebags and it has taken quite the toll on my bank account over the last 2 years.

For those curious - or still reading this ridiculous post - I could have built 2 24v swapped e30's for the cost of what I have already sunk into my non-functioning heap out front.
                    http://l0st0n3.mybrute.com
                    http://l0st-0n3.mybrute.com
                    Work in progress: 1991 318i m50 swap

Feedback thread :up:

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                    I prefer having a female in the car at all times. They generally smell good, but you do have to put up with that hole in their face.

Comment

Good Read!

I just pulled a lot of information regarding New Jersey's Small Claim's Court... Great info..

Maybe that's the route to take in my case.. HM... Got me thinking.. ;)..

Sorry to hear about your case...

Future
                      - E92 M3

- Richie

Comment

Someone needs to order his 30 pizzas ASAP.
                        Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                        All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

Originally posted by mamzak View Post
                          Someone needs to order his 30 pizzas ASAP.
                          I was far from the only person he (the guy 'owning' the shop) dicked over - last i heard he had outstanding debts to the tune of some 45k or something. Plus, there is a good chance that there is soon going to be a warrant out for his arrest for transporting stolen firearms across state lines. Im a believer in karma - and although I do not know what I did to earn my position in this whole event, I do believe that he will get his one day one way or another
                          http://l0st0n3.mybrute.com
                          http://l0st-0n3.mybrute.com
                          Work in progress: 1991 318i m50 swap

Feedback thread :up:

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                          I prefer having a female in the car at all times. They generally smell good, but you do have to put up with that hole in their face.

Comment

Working...
                          X