im back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im back

I havent been on in a very long time due to the fact that i didnt end up getting a e30, due to the fact that my dad wanted me to get a american car for better reliability. so after dropping 2k in repairs on a 1996 grand prix SE (im also tired of getting dominated by dbs in their riced out civics) i got an offer of 2k for the car today.

Now i was wondering if you guys had any advice on where i e30 for under 4k.
    :p

Lol at your dad thinking a 96 gran-prix is a reliable car....you should be able to get something pretty nIce for 4k. Good luck.

Comment

due to the fact that my dad wanted me to get a american car for better reliability.
      lol. try craigslist, or the fs subforum.
      Originally posted by Dozyproductions
      You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

usually the classified forum is a good place to start. I believe there is a sub forum called "Complete Cars For Sale"... I could be mistaken though.

Originally posted by Ryan...
        It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

i meant locally because hes a hater when it comes to e30s and bmws in general(even though he had a 335i which i don't understand)

his exact words earlier today "its a pos car that's gonna break every week"

Comment

yes i do know about the complete cars for sale forum i was jw if there were any other good places to look

Comment

Originally posted by XicemaniacX View Post
              i meant locally because hes a hater when it comes to e30s and bmws in general(even though he had a 335i which i don't understand)

his exact words earlier today "its a pos car that's gonna break every week"
              LOL well it really depends on how you drive them and if you do the usual maintenance. Also be prepared to spend some money when you get the car to fix what the PO did not fix.

If you drive like a grandma then they are actually quite reliable cars, I have owned a E21 318i for 4 years and my E30 318is for 5 years. I never ever ever did anything to the E21 for maintenance and that car had 450,000km on it. Between these two cars there has only been once where I have been stranded on the road and that was the head gasket on the E21.

I would love to meet your dad and have a talk with him about cars it would be an entertaining conversation.
              sigpic

Comment

the only time that i would actually "drive" would be on friday nights, otherwise normal driving except a little bit more brake usage than most.

how much should i expect in repairs in the first year or does it just all depend on the PO?

I would love to meet your dad and have a talk with him about cars it would be an entertaining conversation. [/QUOTE]

he would probably pull out a big book of stats...(computer kinda nerdy guy)

Comment

any car could be good with very routine maintenance and upkeep, it's just that e30's allow you to do so with no pain, and there german, which is why they'll last the longest :big 'ol winkie face: ;)

Comment

It depends on what model you get. Generally replace bushes and rubber mounts, change shock tower mounts and add reinforcing plates.

After that it is really car dependant and how well the PO maintained the car. All I can say is don't be affraid to reject a car because there is something wrong, if it is not exactly what you want say no. Their are plent out there and the one you want will come up.

I nearly bought a 1989 325i saloon on the weekend, even though the car was in good condition it had 265,000km about 100,000 more then most on the net, and the owner could not give me any real info on the history of the car so I said no.

Just don't settle for less then what you want.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X