quick question r3v.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question r3v.

are ralcorz short shifters any good? or should i only really consider one out of an z3 or z4?

Dunno, Ive got a Z3M.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

^ i think i'll just pass on accidentally making a mistake with this one, and just prod around pnp for a z3/4

Comment

I prefer Z3, the height is perfect. Z3M requires modification to the shift console or it will rub on the driveshaft. It also doesn't sit quite center unless you bend it, but it hasn't bothered me much.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
          I prefer Z3, the height is perfect. Z3M requires modification to the shift console or it will rub on the driveshaft. It also doesn't sit quite center unless you bend it, but it hasn't bothered me much.
          o.0 z4 straight in tho?

Comment

I think the Z4 is the same way. Look at a Z3 1.9 and a Z3 2.8 shifter and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
              I think the Z4 is the same way. Look at a Z3 1.9 and a Z3 2.8 shifter and you will see what I mean.
              hmmm.... i'll have to talk to someone who's smarter than i am about this haha.

Comment

See what I mean? the stock shift rod is bent. The others work, it just sits at an angle in the console.

Thread:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...short+shifters

Comment

ohhh i see what you mean, i thought you ment like bent off to a side, i just want it for the shorter throw, long throw is killing me, also sometimes it pops out of 1st and second when releasing clutch :/

Comment

Love the Z3M, but in hind sight the Z3 1.9 is probably the best go, unless you like it rough and notchy.

Comment

thats what she said.

Comment

And she loved it.

It would be a good idea to replace the bushings as well, might help the whole popping out of gear thing.

Comment

yeah... i probably should do some servicing of the tranny ;)
                          but that's after i replace my fan clutch.

Comment

Working...
                          X