Why do Sellers have to be Flaky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do Sellers have to be Flaky?

Because I almost got an E34 540i/6. I am bitter.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

why do buyers have to be so damn flakey!
    i was trying to sell my copy of black ops (since it sucked a fat cock compared to mw2.) on craigslist for two weeks! i had 5 inquirings telling me oh yeah sure ill meet you in napa, but then eventually turned into hey why don't you just meet me in SF? (hour drive)
    i be like okay but 10$ bump on price due to gas, and then they flake, so annoying -_- i guess thats what i get for trying to sell a game that probably mostly kids are trying to buy.
    finally sold it today tho, some mexican from richmond came up to napa in his ricer civic(for a civic it was actually quite tasteful, but none the less a civic :/)

Comment

I called him yesterday, ready to look at the car cash in hand, and he didn't get back to me. Then I call him today and he has a local buyer looking at the car. I know that's a lie because he was only selling the car to buy an M5 and couldn't set up a deal. Aside from that, even if I am an hour away I was still first in line to look at the car, so even if there was a local buyer I should have been able to purchase the car first. /rant
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

what a douche

Comment

Seriously, I should have know when he asked me in shock if I wanted to buy the car on site. I mean usually when you post a F/S add on Craigslist you are trying to sell something.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean, it's happend ~5 times. Most sellers just want the money and don't care about common courtesys. Several times has a car been sold out from under me, even after a verbal agreement just because they couldn't wait untill the wekend so I could buy it:x. /rant

Comment

Same thing happened to me, I was trying to buy a euro grey market E28 and the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles flaked several times, when I kept telling him I had cash in hand. Then I call him again and he says he just sold it to someone else.I was so mad I went and bought a Hennarot E21 that day lol
              Last edited by LuckyHenriksen; 04-11-2011, 03:05 PM.

Bahama Beige E23 Project
              Bluebird Bus Conversion
              New Oregon Trail

Comment

Why do you guys act like this is some surprise? Buyers for e30's tend to be young and young people are likely to be flakes.

Cause/effect
                sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

The same thing happens to sellers as much as buyers.

It's actually worse.

If you are trying to buy something (a whole car or just a part whatever) you are dealing with ONE person who may flake on you or turn out to be a dick.

If you are trying to sell something you are dealing with A LOT more people who may call and ask a million questions when they obviously have no intention of buying it, or set up a million times to come pick it up and never show, or agree on a price and lowball in person!

And the worst (which may be what this guy was trying to avoid) is when someone commits to buying, asks you to hold it for them, you turn away other people, and then the guy changes his mind...
                  sigpic

Buy and sell your E30s and E30 parts on E30 Marketplace!

Comment

I would rather be selling on E bay cause this forum-CL barter system sucks, Had a guy blow me off on a New Remus muffler shipped for $350 or the i can't find the part now PP refund please. 12 pics of a set of H4 lights for $30 come on!!!!! Don't hate the player, hate the game i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by txtorquemade View Post
                      Why do you guys act like this is some surprise? Buyers for e30's tend to be young and young people are likely to be flakes.

Cause/effect
                      It was an E34, and the guy was older than me, lol. I was ready to buy the car on site if it was right, and he knew that. I think he couldnt get the deal on the M5 and thats why he flaked. The car was more a feeler.

Comment

1st lesson in sales:
                        It's not sold until you have the money.
                        I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

Comment

^ that applies more so to the seller than the buyer.

This same shit happens to me on a nearly weekly basis. I fucking hate people.
                          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

As a seller I am inclined to sell to the first person who shows up with money, unless something special has been arranged and the item is popular

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                            Bluebird Bus Conversion
                            New Oregon Trail

Comment

Working...
                            X