m20 in a w123?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20 in a w123?

so a few months ago my w123 stopped running on me, pretty sure its the fuel pump and possibly the fuel-distributor, or whatever you call it. i ran it on veggie oil for a long time and i think some veggie oil froze up and got clogged through the fuel pump, and lines. it might be not to hard of a fix, but the 4cyl automatic 2.4 liter diesel engine, it not that desirable to fix... so i'm thinking i want to gut the whole thing, repaint it (ugly color), put an m20 and a getrag 5spd in it, maybe new suspension and a roll cage and it could be a sweet track ride possibly :P.
    but this is all in my wildest dreams type shit, any thoughts? also anyone know anything about swapping from diesel to gas?

If I were to swap an engine into that car it wouldn't be an m20.
    sigpic

Comment

well yeah, i was only thinking m20 because i could find one for pretty cheap, if i really had the money i would love to put a much newer turbo diesel engine into it, such as the om606

Comment

Drive it off a cliff, with a trousered Spencer in the trunk bound with duct tape.

Comment

^lolz.

Comment

Maybe you could use it for your new sig.

Comment

B35 engine w/5 speed. you can boost later.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

The answer to all your problems lies within this.

Originally posted by TSI
                ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                OEM+

Comment

mmmmmm.

Comment

Since its a diesel chassis you don't have to smog, you can put whatever the hell you want in it as long as 'the man' doesn't catch on. SBC with a 4 barrel and open headers. Tell people thats just diesel clatter.

Comment

Id go m30.

An m50 just isn't period correct meng

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                        Since its a diesel chassis you don't have to smog, you can put whatever the hell you want in it as long as 'the man' doesn't catch on. SBC with a 4 barrel and open headers. Tell people thats just diesel clatter.
                        forgot to mention that, whatever i do the last thing ill be worried about is my emissions ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                          forgot to mention that, whatever i do the last thing ill be worried about is my emissions ;)
                          Know a good smog shop that will pass anyone?! haha
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Working...
                          X