Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soo how the F do u get the front sway bar out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soo how the F do u get the front sway bar out??

Ive been wiggling at it for over an hour and can not get the front sway bar out. I talked to one local e30 buddy and he says it just wiggles out.

ive tried turning the sway bar, adjusting angles but nothing works. its an 87 325is. my trans, exhaust, and control arms are in the WAY

please help
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

I unbolted the lollipop on one side, then it wiggled out.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Plasma torch.

Comment

I think I may have jacked up one control arm, but definitely got it out w/o removing any other parts.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post

I did this,

G.Verelli

Comment

Take your car to the rust belt for a few days. That shit will literally fall off, or at least that's what happened to mine.

Unbolting the LCAB on one side is the way to go. The holes are sleeved so it won't affect your alignment at all.

Comment

sawzall or torches
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Buy a new E30 with no front sway bar installed?

Comment

Im impressed at the lack of douchebaggery in this thread. Actual helpful information....nice.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                  1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                  1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by gverelli View Post
                    I did this,
                    I did this too.
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

very slowly after a while it came out but you think thats hard try the rear you have to drop the diff if you wanna make it easy.....
                      #Treadlifematters

Comment

I've wiggled them in/out.

Took me a while though - it was like an odd puzzle game. Wish I could be more helpful - but by the time you finally get it in/out, you're so mad or happy that you don't care how it was done.

Rear bar was different - had exhaust and axles out before I could get the rear bar in/out. Then I think I figured out it can slide in "through" spring..
                        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Bothfeetin View Post
                            very slowly after a while it came out but you think thats hard try the rear you have to drop the diff if you wanna make it easy.....
                            Yea that one bolt is difficult.
                            1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

Yea everyone kept telling me the front wiggles right out and the rear is a bitch to get out cause of the diff.
                              I called my boy and it was the lollipops. as soon as i dropped those it slid right out.LOL

Im doing the rear tmrw. gonna have to find someone to weld my mounting brackets tho. After doing the front I can already feel a difference in how the car dives into turns and pullls out. So much easier to steer while pullin G's
                              m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                              build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Working...
                              X