diagnostic tool for eta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diagnostic tool for eta

is there a diagnostic tool for an 86 eta that hooks up to the port for the home mechanic and if so, what will it tell you about the car?
    sigpic

Why the check engine light is on.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

there is no engine check light on Eta's. there is a Check light, but it is for systems such as lights, coolant level and oil level. Motronic 1.0, which the Eta has, is very basic, and does not support diagnostic functions such as stored codes....

Sorry
      I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

I have the only thing that plugs into that port under the hood and does any good....
        It's called the "Service light reset tool"

Is it for sale you ask?!?!?

WHY YES IT IS!

Is your car recommending it needs an oil change?! Perfect! For only 29.99+Paypal fees I will package this bad boy up. Ship it to you, and you can reset that light after doing the oil change your car is so desperately trying to tell you that it needs!* Comes complete with a handy glove box case! Instructions on how to use it! and the case is even banana yellow! Race yellow in some circles. Don't let this deal pass you up!!!

*Oil change not included in price.

(Couldn't resist. I want the thing gone....)

Needless to say OP. The basic mototronic 1.0 is pretty much like sloth from the goonies..... A loveable freak retard baby born from some fat witch and a gremlin, that doesn't understand the concept of communication. But somehow manges to get the job done with focus and sheer willpower.

How the baby got disfigured and became so ugly is up for grabs. Nobody knows if the gremlin was fed after midnight. or the baby...

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

was just trying to learn what other functions that port can do besides resetting the dash light. there's a lot of pins there besides 7 and 11 that reset the lights.
          sigpic

Comment

For checking voltages basically. It can do other things too. but nothing you can plug in to check codes.

So I guess a voltometer will be the diagnostic tool in this case. It certainly qualifies as such

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
            X