Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with a m5x or s5x swap in Portland, Or area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with a m5x or s5x swap in Portland, Or area?

i got a 92 318ic as a project, and i bought a 98 328is parts car, it was rolled over but engine, tranny, and interior looks good. so i will be doing a m52b28 swap over the summer and would appreciate if anyone could help me out with info, pics, or in person. i got the general idea on doing the swap and whats needed.
    thanks

pic of the project and of parts car

Sounds like a good little project. There are several of us in pdx that have done and or have swaps still. You came to the right place. Best thing to do is either search specifics and post pics in project thread with questions, or start offering up beers. :) I jest, unless you offer me one, lol. Lots of help in the area is available.
    sigpic

Comment

<- ^
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I have no experience on this swap but I'd like to learn. I'd be interested in stopping by a few times
        "Wow. We're just blowing through nap time, aren't we?"
        sigpic

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by kinvodA View Post
          I have no experience on this swap but I'd like to learn. I'd be interested in stopping by a few times

Going to be starting another one in about a month if you want to drop in.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
            Sounds like a good little project. There are several of us in pdx that have done and or have swaps still. You came to the right place. Best thing to do is either search specifics and post pics in project thread with questions, or start offering up beers. :) I jest, unless you offer me one, lol. Lots of help in the area is available.
            thanks, beer is not a problem for some help lol. yes ill also post it up on project thread. ill be asking for help as soon as i paint the bay and prepare the car for the swap. Is there like e30 meets in Portland area?

Originally posted by kinvodA View Post
            you could stop by sometime and check it out or help, 2 heads are better then one.

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
            Going to be starting another one in about a month if you want to drop in.
            i would like to stop by also sometime and see for myself how its done, i could even help too with whatever i can.

Comment

Check out the PNW subforum for gatherings. We met for indoor carting a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
                Check out the PNW subforum for gatherings. We met for indoor carting a couple of weeks ago.
                awesome, thanks for info

Comment

Also, I recommend going OBD1 unless you have a really good idea what you're doing...
                  Originally posted by z31maniac
                  I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                    Also, I recommend going OBD1 unless you have a really good idea what you're doing...
                    havent really thought about it much. not even sure how hard it would be to do. but ill look into it. thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X