Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need cool....or how to find or fix hose for AC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need cool....or how to find or fix hose for AC.

It's hot. I've got an oversprayed (formerly red...with some patches showing through again) white 318is with a black interior. So it tends to get a bit hot...

A while back the Right side 'tab' on the front subframe (where the motor mount screws on) broke. Subsequently, the AC hose going from the compressor forward rubbed against the side of the engine compartment and ruptured...right about where the rubber hose and the factory metal fitting join. Welded the subframe...so that's not an issue anymore...but still have the broken AC hose.

I've tried (a bit) to get the two hoses coming off the compressor to unscrew, but the allen head bolt started to round off...so I stopped.

So I could use some thoughts on how to remove the bolt (or break it free and worry about replacing with something else...and replacing the hose)...or possibly cutting the interface off, and just replacing the rubber hose itself (push it down over the metal fittings and clamp it down)..

And, finally it's hard to find parts (regular E30s are listed as different parts, and I don't want to pay $140 for just a hose)....

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

AFARR

you could remove the a/c compressor and the hose and take it to a shop that specializes in crimped fittings and have it replaced and recrimped to the line stuck on the compressor.

in AZ we have:
    grandberry hose and fitting
    all tubes and hoses
    and
    hose power usa

for example.

hose power is in several states

seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Good Point.

Not here in PA, but I'm sure I can find someone....

Have to check how to remove the Compressor..

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X