X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a matter of fact or preference?

I think the newer cars get, the more sensors and crap they put into
    them. The car may get better gas mileage and be able to alert you when,
    you're tire pressure is low, but it'll probably be 100X more of a head ache to work on. If I made serious overhead on my paycheck, maybe I wouldn't mind, but when you've got no choice but I got no choice but to turn wrenches myself. My family says that the newer the car, the less likely I will have to work on it anyway. But my mom's 2007 525 proved that statement false when it started having head problems last year. She had regular BMW dealer maintenance. Go fiqure the head on the bimmer had to be replaced just as her factory warrantee was running out, and she has to extend the warrantee. I beat the sh!t outta my toyota with little maintenance and the worse I experienced was the fuel pump failing (I got another one from the junkyard the same day for less than 20 bucks).
    Whys is everyone on my case about always wanting to buy older cars!?
    Forgive my title, i couldn't think of anything else at the moment.

newer cars will always have more wiring and more crap.

they dont want you to be able to work on your car, they want more money and for you to take it to a place to get the work done

people will be on your case because they are too proud to say that old cars rock and they wanna feel good about having car payments(that are raping them) only to find their car is not even worth what they paid for it when they are done.
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
    Got Drop?? ;-)
    Originally posted by JinormusJ
    But of course
    E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Working...
    X