Selling my e30 for a boat??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5Toes
    replied
    Buy a jetski... not a money pit.

    I know

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    how about a 48' Hatteras then?? It only burns $600-700 a day in diesel!

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    if an E30 is a moneypit, a boat is a moneyblackhole.

    I know a dude who borrowed like $30k to buy this boat (that didn't run), spent another $20k refinishing it, and then it got hit by a storm and sunk in the puget sound.. it's still there too. doh!

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Also, I live on a river year around and I don't own a powerboat. I do have a Farbin powered canoe though.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    The two best days of a boat owners life:
    The day he buys it, and the day he sells it.

    I used to work for MerCruiser and have intimate knowledge of what it takes to maintain a boat....................I will NEVER own a boat. It's not worth the expense unless you have a cabin/house on the lake and can use it a bunch. Otherwise the 6-10 times a year you might tow it out aren't worth it.

    Putting it in a slip is expensive, I know on the nicer lakes around here $250-300/month for small ones. Add in the $6-7 gas at the marina, etc etc etc.


    Find a friend with one and offer to buy beer/food/gas.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisv006
    Well, Kind of been thinking it might be fun to have a hobby I can involve the wife and kid in with me more...maybe a power boat.

    My thought is that I could have all the fun of working on something, but take them with me when I go out on it.

    Thoughts?
    Really, you want to trade viable transport on land for a big hole in the water you throw large amounts of money into????? If you get off on that, you and the wife can take turns flushing 100's down the shitter and have much the same results when its all said and done with out the hassle of actually having to own a boat.

    2 things about boats,

    1) when I sold my boat I used some of the proceeds to buy a E30

    2) The 2 happiest days in a boat owners life are the day you buy and the happiest is the day you sell it !!!
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-23-2011, 03:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • zxert
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisv006
    In fact I think I just bought a 2nd e30 I may be selling on here...1991 318is, with less than 100k original miles....
    Keep that one too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chrisv006
    replied
    Originally posted by zxert
    Never. Ever. EVER come on r3v and post this shit again.

    You will not sell your e30.

    You will save for a boat, or buy another e30 and covert that into a boat.

    Ashamed.

    In fact I think I just bought a 2nd e30 I may be selling on here...1991 318is, with less than 100k original miles....

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    e30 boat. do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • zxert
    replied
    Never. Ever. EVER come on r3v and post this shit again.

    You will not sell your e30.

    You will save for a boat, or buy another e30 and covert that into a boat.

    Ashamed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vince30
    replied
    If you have money then go for it! They are a lot of fun but can get expensive, especially if you are running it in salt water, expect about 1k a year in maintenance, and they are not friendly on gas. But in Illinois I was able to drive the boat by myself when I was 14, so the kids will enjoy it guaranteed.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    If you think an e30 is a money pit... a boat is like the Mariana Trench

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    Originally posted by TopOfTheLine89
    Also i hope you mean intrepid boat and not car.
    Yes, a 370 cuddy...not a freaking dodge!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • TopOfTheLine89
    replied
    if you can't afford both you shouldn't have a boat. When your kid turns sixteen he can't drive the boat. Keep that e30 alive to give to your kid. Just imagine if your dad gave you an 02's for a first car. Plus drowning is not an issue in the e30, less chance of incidents. Also if you lose your job whats goin to help you a boat or an e30? Also i hope you mean intrepid boat and not car.

    Leave a comment:


  • mr2peak
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisv006
    Still thinking...my e30 is just a toy as it is. An expensive, money pit in my garage and now she talking me into a turbo!
    SHE is talking you into a turbo?!?!?! FUCKING KEEP THE E30!!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...