$4000 e36 M3 cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$4000 e36 M3 cabrio

Would you pay $4000 cash for a '98 M3 cabrio, 108k miles, 5 speed, black with black leather? The catch is that it needs a new front bumper because the original one got ripped off; it also has a new cloth top (black) except that the rear headrest things popped up through the back plastic window and made a huge tear. The guy currently has the rear seating area tore apart and it looks like a mess. It has some really gay fender vents like the e46, and the headlights and taillights are cheap, taiwan plastic hoohahs. It also has a salvage title which I don't know the history of.

I looked at it last weekend but he still has it for sale. Last week he agreed on $4400 but I just couldn't pull the trigger... It drives perfect down the road and it pulls hard. I've got $15,000 stored up and I'm looking for something cheap and reliable to replace my dying e30, but i also want to buy a house. This would be an awesome opportunity for me to own a ///M, but could also be lots of trouble. Decisions, decisions... it's driving me nuts.
    My Feedback

Sounds like a parts car if the motor is okay. As a 'driver' the salvage title scares me, especially if the rollover protectors are sprung as you're describing. IIRC, replacing those are quite expensive and some can only be used once. I think they're around $700-$800 each.

I would tread carefully.
    -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
    '95 525iT
    '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
      As a 'driver' the salvage title scares me, especially if the rollover protectors are sprung as you're describing. IIRC, replacing those are quite expensive and some can only be used once. I think they're around $700-$800 each.
      So that's what they are. Damn, if I was going to buy this car I wanted to drive it, not part it, at least not until I have my own space to do so.
      My Feedback

Comment

Buy the house

Then you would have space to part the M3...
        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Why pay 4k for a salvage title shit parts car when you get a clean non salvage for 2-3k more that won't have shit parts on it. As an e36
          Owner hide from people who fail
          To maintain them.
          1985 BMW 325e
          1997 BMW M3/4/5
          2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Depending on how old you are --- go for the house. Sounds like a rush decision and those never go well - Take it from yours truly.

Comment

You can put the rear things back, you dont need to replace them. However, there is a certain way to do it. A buddy off mine has a 99 e36 m3 cabrio, he went over a curb going fast and those things popped out. He just then put them back down. As far as salvage goes, you cant really say its a junk because sometimes there are clean salvage titled cars. You just have to check everything really good, if you decide to buy it. Good Luck

Comment

run away from that shit. fast!

Comment

If the rear seat roll bars popped out that's a good indication it was in a high enough G impact to trigger them or so is my understanding.

Comment

yeah $6500-$8500 should get you into a clean E36 M that will need nothing from the start. its worth the extra money.
                    www.tylercoey.com - www.donewhenimdead.com

E36/8 ///M coupe - E36 ///M3 sedan - E30 ///M powered

Comment

I would'nt buy it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X