seem fishing(selling my car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seem fishing(selling my car)

a guy from the new york area want to buy my car. we talked on the phone and we agree on $2500..but why would anyone want to transport the car over 1000 miles and end up paying $1000 more. are people that crazy for a 318is? any ideas, clues, your 2 cents on this?

update: so today i request some info about the process and got this from him in my email. what do you guys think?

<Can you provide me with your mailing address, current exact mileage as well as the VIN of the car? I am creating a bill of sale document for us to use as an official document. I will email it to you to sign once I collect this information.

The process is as follows:

We sign the bill of sale that states I purchase the car from you for $2500 on X date from you.
    You scan and send me back a copy of that document signed.
    I will wire you money to your pay pal account.
    I will provide my fedex account number. use this number to send me a SIGNED title of the car. Mail this to me please.
    I will arrange to have the car transported. This may, or may not require you drive anywhere to drop it. I am still working on this.
    That's it.>
    Last edited by mr.vang; 07-28-2011, 08:27 AM.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Is it listed on craigs list? Probably a scam if so.

Comment

Originally posted by woodisgood View Post
      Is it listed on craigs list? Probably a scam if so.
      he say he is a member on m42club..

Comment

California car. Priceless in the NE. Rust free, I presume. I'd do it if I had the money.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Sounds like a good opportunity for a road trip! BTW, New York is a lot more than 1000 miles from Cali.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
            he say he is a member on m42club..
            I would still be very careful, I recently sold a bike on CL and had an elaborate scammer calling me and acting very sincere. Slammine28 is right though 3500 is pretty cheap for a nice 318is on this coast.....

Comment

i wouldn't say my car is nice since the paint is fuck. it runs like a champ though. what is the best way for payment if i do end up selling it to this guy?

Comment

Anything you do on Craigslist should be in person considering you can do this with a cash purchase only when it comes to these transactions. If they give you a check, you hold onto the car until the check clears 100% and the funds are validated.
                1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

is it a 318is slicktop, from california, i would do that and ship it in a heartbeat if i lived in the salt states
                  I can run Auto Checks on VINs for tips/donations:
                  PM me VIN(s) and I'll get you ALL the public recorded info that I have available.
                  paypal as gift to Mike@benzinkrieg.com

Information/Request sticky thread for Vehicle History Reports
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216119

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                    Anything you do on Craigslist should be in person considering you can do this with a cash purchase only when it comes to these transactions. If they give you a check, you hold onto the car until the check clears 100% and the funds are validated.
                    thanks for the advice. he say he'll give me call later today. he was talking about money wire transfer (i suspect its paypal) and someone coming to pick up the car.

Comment

paypal protects the buyer first and foremost, bank wire transfer is far more secure and allows your bank to get involved if some sort of fraud happens
                      I can run Auto Checks on VINs for tips/donations:
                      PM me VIN(s) and I'll get you ALL the public recorded info that I have available.
                      paypal as gift to Mike@benzinkrieg.com

Information/Request sticky thread for Vehicle History Reports
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216119

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury[BKM] View Post
                        paypal protects the buyer first and foremost, bank wire transfer is far more secure and allows your bank to get involved if some sort of fraud happens
                        nice...i'm going to do bank wire if buyer is serious.. thanks bud

Comment

it really isnt that expensive to ship a car. if i found one i liked in another state and i couldnt drive it back i would ship it doesnt sound weird to me. just my 2 cents

Comment

whatever you do.
                            No western union.

Western union even recommends you NOT to use western union....

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

i'm not sure if i should sign any document before he send me the money. i have never buy/sell a car online so guys help me on this.
                              Last edited by mr.vang; 07-28-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X