bilstein shock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bilstein shock question

I just bought a set of used bilstein sports, however they are just the shocks, there is nothing else included aside from the nuts to mount them...what is needed for for me to complete the install?

the blue boots I've seen on others?
    washers?
    spacers?
    etc...

I tried searching for pictures of used ones, but I havent really been having any luck and I want to know what to order so I can get them on the car asap.

thanks!
    1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

You have everything needed to install the shocks assuming you have your stock shocks still in the car, you can just re-use all of the bolts, shock mounts, struts. The blue boots are just dust caps which you can re-use from your old shocks, if you have them.

One thing that I would suggest you buy are new bump stops, it would be a safe bet that your current ones are old and cracked, but they are not hard to check.
    instagram

Comment

awesome thanks, are those a bilstein part or bmw part? I literally bought shocks with like 200 miles on them (what the seller told me, he ran a shop and seemed trustworthy....5 e30s in his shop) but they are just the shocks, nothign else.
      1991 318is ---230K - DD
      1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
      so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Working...
      X