Need Good Welder or I Need to Sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Good Welder or I Need to Sell

Ok, I thought my bumper shocks were just messed up but it seems its worse.
    Got the car like this, i was planing on putting on the road next week untill i found this.

Right side just in front of wheel well, left is fine.

Image07312011180028

Right bumper mount.

Image07312011175857

Left.

Image07312011175949 by offwhiteghost, on Flickr.

You can see the right side fender and hood dont line up right.

Image07312011180201

I know it can be saved but i dont know how to weld. How much is this gonna run me? if someone on the forum wants to do it id be happy to pay you.

I really would like to save the car. Its pretty straight in general, no real rust, cardinal red interior, showing 97k on working odometer, working AC, manual trans, and crack free dash. I dont wanna trash the car, i know it can be saved

Please Advise.

Looks like you could pull it out a little and weld some reinforcement plates to the problem areas and be all good.

Don't trash it, can be a pretty easy fix, just frustrating.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

maybe a couple hundred or less to a moonlighter. just call around and ask around with your friends. they may no someone who can weld.

Comment

i could find you someone in the nova area he completly cut off the back end of my freinds 240 because of damage and then he welded on a new one from another car
        it only cost him 500 for the welding

Comment

Im poking around but so far i just have use of a welder

Originally posted by VRSTLE View Post
          i could find you someone in the nova area he completly cut off the back end of my freinds 240 because of damage and then he welded on a new one from another car
          it only cost him 500 for the welding
          Yes please!

Comment

Getting request for parts, NOT PARTING OUT!!

I know its the wrong way but im thinking about trying to find a BS inspector, i would like to have it fixed though.

Still looking for a back yard welder

Comment

Working...
            X