Glovebox wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glovebox wiring

I've got a few wiring plugs coming from the car that plugged into the old harness but I just swapped in my 89 wiring harness and it has different plugs and ammount of wires. Any identification and direction would be great!
    From car 87 325is
    Black/green-red/yellow-white

Blue-yellow

Black-purple

Green-white

From engine harness 89 325is
    Blue-red/green-brown/brown

Purple-white/black-white
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
    LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
    Build Thread
    1993 alpine 2 325IC
    •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Bump
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
    LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
    Build Thread
    1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

One of those is for the flashlight I think. The little ones look like they should be behind the radio panel. The black one is for the muffler bearing check light.
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Okay so you have a late model engine harness and an 87 325is chassis correct?

Do you have A/C? That will require Black/Violet to connect over to Violet Grey (Ups the idle when it turns the compressor on)

Green/White looks like the speed input wire that connects to the base of the speedometer, some cars had that, although I have never worked with on that had it.

The main one you need to worry about is the Black/green-red/yellow-white connector.

Black is the tachometer wire. As you have a late model this was moved over to the main C101 engine connector (round guy next to the fuse box) If you want the Tach to work you need to jump the black wire over to the C101 connector (Pin 9, Black wire), AND if you want the MPG gauge to work you need to jump the Yellow-White wire over to C101, Pin 8 (Should be a White/Black wire Engine harness side)

Green/Red you should be able to ignore as it was for the CODE feature on the 13 button OBC to kill the main relay. That same pin was moved to C101 where it already has power on your 87 chassis, so just tape it off and ignore

Comment

Thanks, I got all the connections in there hooked up! Now I need some help under the hood, these 3 connectors on the passenger side, what do they come from/go to?

This connector on the 89 harness that has the female side with bare wires, what is it for/do I splice the wires to?

And finally drivers side front connector here what is it for?

1987 Delphin 325IS
          Build Thread
          1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

first looks like washer fluid pump (blue connection) Coolant level sensor wire(purple/ brown)and AC wire (single conection).
            Second is your O2 sensor wire.
            Third is your aux fan sensor in the side of your radiator.
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Thank you so much!! Only one that is not right is the one you listed as a/c because I have that one as seen at the bottom of this picture

Oddly enough the one I have labeled a/c is the same color as the one I don't have an id for, both with same type of connection

1987 Delphin 325IS
              Build Thread
              1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

Working...
              X