• Show
Clear All

well i get 17mpg on a 2.7i
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    Racelands are cheap shit.
    Originally posted by whodwho
    So are r3v members
    Originally posted by Cabriolet
    dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

this is my first e30 and i love the engine. as everyone else said, its great on twisty roads and it will keep up with most cars. Im not sure what the fuel economy is in MPG but i reguraly get 10L/100km (45l of fuel to do 450km).
      I've driven e30s with m20 engines and they are nice but not as rev happy as m42 and you can feel the weight over the front wheels. Dont forget, M42 is the latest technology that was put in an e30, even S14 engines have a distributor where m42 doesnt :)
      Visit the m42club.com, there is a lot of info on them
      sigpic
      1991 BMW 318is Brilliantrot
      1998 Jeep Cherokee TD Black

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
        I call BS... especially at 85. My vert was only capable of 27mpg highway if I was babying it at 68mph. And that motor was in damn good shape.

As for the m42... I have owned 4 e30's. 2 m20b25's, 1 m20b27, and 1 m42. By far my favorite is the m42. Even before I turbo'd it. Second favorite is the m20b27 car. Torque is great and mileage is around 32mpg. The 318is pre turbo once got me 39mpg going to and from Houston @70mph with the factory 4.10's.

My least favorite is the m20b25. My m42 dyno'd at 136 rwhp with very minor mods which is very close if not at m20 dyno numbers. The m20b25 is a good motor, don't get me wrong. It's just my least favorite of the e30 motors... besides the m10 of course.
        its true buddy. Its called keep the mpg needle past the 25 mark, speed up and coast. At least on my car 85 is a sweet spot. Shit i avg 22mpg on the street and thats a mix of cruzing and dring stupid all week. I call BS on 136rwhp on a lightly modded m42. m42s have 140BHP to the crank - 30%loss due to drive tran to the wheels. You would get maybe 110whp is that. Ive seen stock m20b25 put down 133whp. My eta but down 88hp and 118lbs to the wheels. thats about a 10hp loss over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Balkanac View Post
          I've driven e30s with m20 engines and they are nice but not as rev happy as m42
          what?
          1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
          1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
          1974 2002tii / stock
          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
            what?
            right... my m20 is rev happy to 6800 allday long.

Comment

in a 318 there is enough room in the engine bay to fold a petite hooker in if your trunk is full. 325 can only fit a midget hooker with no limbs in the engine bay. thats bout it i guess. does anyone disagree?
              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

My preference is the 318is... but do this:

Originally posted by davem View Post
                Get whichever car is the cleanest/had money dumped into it.
                every e30 I've owned has had a different engine, but if you follow this rule, you'll have a good car

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

All just means to an end.

Comment

I'll take torque over a slight gas mileage advantage any day. The weight difference is negligible if you know how to drive.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
                    X