Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 Owner - Mechanic in N. NJ?

Hi All,

Just joined the forum today. Purchased my first E30 yesterday (1988 325ix - I'll post pics soon). I live in N. NJ and am looking for recs. on a reliable independent mechanic. Anyone have experience with someone they trust and care to share?

Areas in and around Livingston would be most helpful.

Thanks.
    1988 325ix

You should visit Guten Parts. Its only 7 miles away from you.

*** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

PM, ZM Blue Devil, that is all you will ever need to keep your car in good shape. Maybe you can google Guten Parts Service in Jersey, should not be hard to find.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by Isostar13 View Post
        Hi All,

Just joined the forum today. Purchased my first E30 yesterday (1988 325ix - I'll post pics soon). I live in N. NJ and am looking for recs. on a reliable independent mechanic. Anyone have experience with someone they trust and care to share?

Areas in and around Livingston would be most helpful.

Thanks.
        Yup, as said Levent at guten is a very reputable shop. Vlad does good work also, but I've never been there myself. I work around Livingston, and live in caldwell so maybe I'll see you around. I'm in a diamond black 318is :up:

Oh yeah, post pics!

1991 318is -> 2004 R32 -> 2002 Jetta TDI -> 2014 FiST

No E30 Club

Comment

Thanks for the replies and recs, sending a PM to ZM Blue Devil now. Sounds like he's the best guy in this area. I'll definitely go to him for any future service needs. Pics coming up soon. I'm a 325ix diamond black. Just went for a short cruise in the Caldwell area. I'll look for your is.
          1988 325ix

Comment

ZM is the shit and the best is he works with you and loves the bimmer realm.

---
            I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.012104,-117.677802
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

come up closer to wayne. i got some workspace and lots of extra parts.
              I need your obd1 parts! Harness intake ecu etc.

E30 Your Daily Money Pit

Comment

pics or gtfo

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                  pics or gtfo
                  Haha it's always "pics or gtfo." A forum phrase that seems to transcend industries. As said, I haven't yet had a chance to take good shots, but here are a few from my phone. More to come later.

1988 325ix

Comment

WOW, another local E30. I recognize Essex Green anywhere. Grew up in the Oranges.
                    That looks like a clean IX!
                    - Frank
                    '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                    http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                    Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

Originally posted by achtunge30 View Post
                      WOW, another local E30. I recognize Essex Green anywhere. Grew up in the Oranges.
                      That looks like a clean IX!
                      Haha yeah, took it over to Panera this morning. They have really good pastries, what can I say.
                      1988 325ix

Comment

That is beautiful! so clean.
                        Panera has some damn good pastries. The broccoli cheddar soup is the best.
                        E30 buildy things
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Working...
                        X