german salvage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german salvage

I'm planning trip to Frankfort, Germany. Anybody recommend any salvage yards
    or has anyone ever brought back parts from over seas.

This topic gets brought up every once in a while, and the general concensus is that it's not worth your time.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

it's Frankfurt. you need to just look for any yards in the area, e30 stuff is going to prob. be pretty slim.

Comment

^ It's slim to none. I was up there a few months ago, spent the morning/early afternoon at 4 different yards and it turned up nothing worthwhile. If you're having wet dreams about Euro bumps and stuff, don't bother.

And btw if we knew any good yards they would be naked already. If they weren't, no one would tell ya anyway.
        -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

There used to be a salvage yard on Rhein-Main Airbase next to the Frankfurt Intl Airport. No sure what has become of it though since the base closed.
          Last edited by rogue38; 11-27-2011, 04:01 PM.
          sigpic
          2006 330i 6 Spd Man, ZSP, CA, SG, Black ette, Burl, Sat Prep.
          ED 29 May 2006
          1990 325i, 5spd, Calypso Red, Tan

Comment

If the base closed, then the yard closed. plus you need a military ID card to get in to a base stripping yard.

you just need to get on a euro forum, someone on here was posting last week about all the free stuff you get.

Comment

Working...
            X