I wish my e30 came with _____ from the factory.
Collapse
X
-
5 lug, power top that just works better and doesn't have fail points. tweeter pods that didn't rely on a twig of plastic to hold it in. -
An unstoppable alarm that would sound every time the previous owner or some hack mechanic did an assinine thing with the car.
Probably would have saved me all the grief now of trying to right their wrongs.Leave a comment:
-
Mo lugz, mo valvz, mo cupholderz.
I would add "a timing chain", but then I wouldn't have all my bitchin $500 e30s.Leave a comment:
-
A 5 lug setup with style 5's would've been nice.
Few other things;
- Of course cupholders
- 5 spd transmission
- Smaller steering wheel with adjustable tilt
- Seat warmers
- Maplight rearview
- M30 would've been awesome.
- Leather wrapped dash and center console would also have been a nice touch.
- MT1 or chrome bumpers or PB's w/ late model rear valance w/ early tails.
That's all I can think of right now.Leave a comment:
-
-
Idk why, but I've never had a problem knowing if I'm in reverse or 1st in either my E30 or my E21 (which has shot bushings and a pretty loose center consol). I'm not trying to act like I'm the greating with a stick, it just hasn't ever been an issue. Maybe it's because I've only ever driven manual BMWs my whole life...Leave a comment:
-
ya the getrag 260 has a synchronized reverse. which is almost everyone right?
On the other hand I think the getrag 240 does not.
well I have done what youre saying to a few cars it doesnt stop your car what it does is tear a layer off your clutch and slow it down a touch/ burns the clutch fluid instantly
I have done that mistake to a couple cars going from 3rd to reverse instead of 4th.
The other mistake the bmw layout causes is a pain backing out or parallel parking missing 1st and reverse.... but no damage involved.
So I declare it a more intelligent layout.Last edited by stamar; 04-09-2012, 02:07 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Not noticeable enough visually if the car is in first or reverse. Think parallel parking. I have to engage the clutch to find out what gear the car is in. That is BS. That being said, my center console is pretty loose. I believe most e30's have a synchronized reverse.? Just thought of this- I was in a e30 in Germany and dude popped the car in reverse at 45mph or so, spun the engine up to say 5K and dropped the clutch. Wheels spinning backwards...going forward. On dry concrete!Leave a comment:
-
I like vw's push->1st=reverse mechanism..less likely to get confused and it takes slightly less effort to do.Leave a comment:
-
My mom accidentally did that to my dad's e30 in the early 90's. It can be confusing if you're driving different manual cars at the same time (she was) with different shifter feels. Also, if the shift bushings are worn, it may be less of a noticeable push to get into reverse.That thought crossed my mind, but it takes an easily noticeable amount of extra effort to notch it over into reverse than it does 1st gear. I don't see how one could accidentally put it in reverse instead of 1st unless you literally had never driven a stick before.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: