Junk Yard Haul This Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junk Yard Haul This Morning

I have not been to my favorite junk yard in about 6 months....I've been busy.

I make my appearance today and see the same old crowd. Spent about 30 minutes BSing with the boys, then get to working checking things out. Items I grabbed:

Sunroor
    Brake Duct
    Various switches including e36M3 toggle window switches
    Door interior grab handles
    is rear decklid spoiler (flawless)
    (3) Real Deal 16x8 et35 5x120 AC Schnitzer Type I wheels w/Yoko Avid V4 225/50VR16

I need another one of these wheels to have a full set for my wife's e34 (or 5 lug conversion?). The price I paid will kill you. Freebie, Zip, Zero, Nada

They just need to be refinished. Now, how long is it going to take for me to find another one of these wheels.
    Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

I goto my local junk yard enough that I know everyone too. They give me freebies all the time.

They gave me 2 maplight rearview mirrors for free (mint) 88+ brake ducts, tons of misc nuts, bolts, and hardware. switches etc etc.

my junkyard has had about 8 e30's over the last 2 years, 3 of them have been crushed. It also had a e30 M3, but it got crushed a few months ago.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I went to the junkyard yesterday as well. Picked up a Power sunroof (head panel, and motor, and check panel too), a few window switches, early e30 shift knob, and a full OBC.

matt

Comment

I also went to the junk yard. Got my self a full tool kit, well mising two small peices. For 5 bucks. Old sport wheel for 10 bucks. A hazerd switch, window and cruiz levers. Under dash peice with small crack.
        Jason

Comment

Everyone knows where I live and my junkyard prices would floor you if I was to tell you. It's classified to the MAX for me. Someday I might divulge. I doubt it thou. As long as I can provide parts at acceptable profit for them+me and you, who cares right.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

How do you guys find these places? If i ask a junkyard if they have any 80's BMWs they look at me like i'm crazy. There is a farmer here that has about 25 e30s(that's all he parts out) but his prices are through the roof! He wanted 150 for a used tool kit and 200 for a rear aluminium bumper without trim! You guys are lucky, there are so many little parts that i need.

You guys are lucky!

Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer
              He wanted 150 for a used tool kit and 200 for a rear aluminium bumper without trim!
              That guy needs to be pulled out into the middle of the street by the hair on the back of his neck...

And shot. :firehop:

- Mr. Anderson

Comment

hey, i'm about to head to a recommended salvage yard in town.....

any guesses on how much an IS lip and rear valence would run?

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                  hey, i'm about to head to a recommended salvage yard in town.....

any guesses on how much an IS lip and rear valence would run?
                  You wont find a iS lip at a junkyard.

and the rear valance panel is part of the car, it would take at least a hour to cut it off the car with a cutoff wheel. and a torch.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                  https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                    You wont find a iS lip at a junkyard.

and the rear valance panel is part of the car, it would take at least a hour to cut it off the car with a cutoff wheel. and a torch.
                    oh, but i'm trying to convince one of my buddies to trade me his IS for my I plus $50...... let's hope he goes for it!

DAMNNIT! well......any solution for a 'tweaked' rear valence.....can it be heated up and bent back......shit

thnks away.

Comment

Working...
                    X