F12 F13 M6 anyone?
Collapse
X
-
Yes, but the question i was considering was whether there is a penalty for weight period, at all, or whether modern technology/more power has eliminated it. Not what the target demographic or what kind of car the M6 is.Yes, I agree there are many limitations on weight. However the traget demograhic for the M6 is the pompous overpaid executive type, with no kids, who craves attention and wants to look snazzy in the car park.
Not the same demographic as a 599...
Its a touring car... not a sports carLeave a comment:
-
-
WOW that commercial was shot down the street from my house. Right next to the AAA arena where the heat play.Leave a comment:
-
-
I like it, its nicer looking than the previous generation. But good God these things are huge, with every generation a car get bigger and biggerLeave a comment:
-
-
How long before there is a an M badged motorhome? Not a sports car ofcourse, a GT for the overpaid exec who wants to cover great distances from the comfort of his living room.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
Exactly, it is designed for its wealthy owner, to pack their bags and travel a great distance in total luxury very quickly. Berlin to Warsaw, London to Saint Tropez, Chicago to New York.
The M version is for the buyer that wants a little more out of their 6 series. a bit faster, sharper handling, etc but it is still a big heavy GT car. Its main competition is the CL 63, and Maserati Gransport.
A bahnburner it is, a track car it is not.Leave a comment:
-
Yes, I agree there are many limitations on weight. However the traget demograhic for the M6 is the pompous overpaid executive type, with no kids, who craves attention and wants to look snazzy in the car park.This only works up to a point- I think there are some nonlinearities in the scaling of mass vs the solutions to dealing with mass (perhaps relating to something as basic as surface-to-volume/mass scaling nonlinearly)- like the tires really only can get so big in practical terms, the added problem of unsprung weight with massive wheels and tires, the fact that you need a stiffer suspension to counter the increased mass (which is at the same height off the ground) which compromises ride quality and handling (although this is increasingly countered by modern multilink suspension- perhaps why many mid engine supercars now range in the 3600-4000lb range.)
I'm not an engineer so I don't know, but you'd think weight is a reason why, for example, try as they might a Bentley Continental SuperSports still isn't the equal of a DBS or 599, according to Car magazine i think it was.
Not the same demographic as a 599...
Its a touring car... not a sports carLeave a comment:
-
I wonder what's the next styling after 1 piece bumpers and super sleekness is in the futureLeave a comment:
-
This only works up to a point- I think there are some nonlinearities in the scaling of mass vs the solutions to dealing with mass (perhaps relating to something as basic as surface-to-volume/mass scaling nonlinearly)- like the tires really only can get so big in practical terms, the added problem of unsprung weight with massive wheels and tires, the fact that you need a stiffer suspension to counter the increased mass (which is at the same height off the ground) which compromises ride quality and handling (although this is increasingly countered by modern multilink suspension- perhaps why many mid engine supercars now range in the 3600-4000lb range.)
I'm not an engineer so I don't know, but you'd think weight is a reason why, for example, try as they might a Bentley Continental SuperSports still isn't the equal of a DBS or 599, according to Car magazine i think it was.Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: