People, cars are dangerous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People, cars are dangerous.

Shit...never thought I'd see an accident like that before.

Story:

So, I was driving down US 70 down here in Las Cruces and I was going a little over the limit, as people generally drive 5ish under the limit, and I was passing people...no biggie, right?

Hell nah. As soon as I know it there's a Chevy truck flying across the median, doing a barrel-roll and landing on the car that was literally like 20 feet away from me in the other lane. No, I didn't pull the e-brake and dorifto to safety...

I pulled over and ran over to see if I could do anything...saw the guy laying on the road and almost instantly threw-up...turns out he wasn't dead, thank God, but it still freaked me the fuck out.

It still makes me wonder what would have happened had I been going a couple of miles per hour faster...

Only pic I can find...

Here's a diagram of the accident for those of you who lack imaginations (I'm the light blue square):

Cliffs: Saw crazy accident, freaked me out...decided to post on r3v.

Cool story, huh?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Cool story indeed!

Comment

That happened to my buddy in Texas as he was driving home from work last year. He was using bluetooth with me and he screamed out, "holy shit dude a car just flipped OVER my hood"

wtf?

yeah flipped right over my hood, it's on the side of the freeway right now
      Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

What was the douchebag in the pickup thinking? Did he have a heart attack at the wheel, or was he just on drugs?
        M20B23 Euro 323i - The Legend Of Ron Burgundrot

Comment

Reminds me of the scene in Bad Boys II when Lawrence says it almost crushed his fuc*ing head!!

Scary, I would be trippin' balls.

Good to hear you are safe.
          Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
          Originally posted by J3M93
          This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Drive the highway every day. Saw three Rollover accidents yesterday. Normal weather, at a not even rush hour part of time. It sucks knowing it could happen to you if you were in the right place at the wrong time.

Good to hear your alight tho.
            1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
            1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
            1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
            1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

something really similar to this happened to me one time.

i was taking my e30 to get emissions tested, and waiting to make a left turn into the emissions station. a pickup truck in the oncoming lane failed to navigate the turn and drifted to the inside, which happened to be a ditch that got continuously deeper until it basically turned into a huge ramp at the edge of the road i was turning onto.

dude sped through the ditch bouncing all over the place at around 40mph and then hit the ramp, which literally sent him 10-15 feet in the air. he landed on the hood of a work van that was pulling out to the stop sign to turn onto the road i was on. the driver of the van didn't see the pickup until the last second and managed to get on the brakes enough to stop before the truck landed completely on the windshield/roof...which probably saved his life.

it was like watching a slow-motion move stunt, i could see the pickups driveshaft spinning and the suspension bobbing as i watched the underside of his vehicle soar through the air...duke boys style!
              8380 Laboratories
              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Hi res of diagram?

Joking aside, glad you missed the bullet bud.
                SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Any idea what caused the SUV to do a Ricky Bobby across the median?

Sweet diagram by the way.
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Podge View Post
                    Cool story indeed!
                    Sure is, thanks.

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                    That happened to my buddy in Texas as he was driving home from work last year. He was using bluetooth with me and he screamed out, "holy shit dude a car just flipped OVER my hood"

wtf?

yeah flipped right over my hood, it's on the side of the freeway right now
                    I was just jamming out to some Metallica and then I'm about to broadside a flying pick up...wtf.

Originally posted by OniKyan View Post
                    What was the douchebag in the pickup thinking? Did he have a heart attack at the wheel, or was he just on drugs?
                    I have no idea, I think it's unknown atm.

Originally posted by Schwarz3 View Post
                    Reminds me of the scene in Bad Boys II when Lawrence says it almost crushed his fuc*ing head!!

Scary, I would be trippin' balls.

Good to hear you are safe.
                    Hahaha no kidding!

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                    Drive the highway every day. Saw three Rollover accidents yesterday. Normal weather, at a not even rush hour part of time. It sucks knowing it could happen to you if you were in the right place at the wrong time.

Good to hear your alight tho.
                    The weather wasn't even that bad, but I guess like three cop cars hit black ice and spun out on the way to this accident...

Originally posted by 8380 Labs View Post
                    something really similar to this happened to me one time.

i was taking my e30 to get emissions tested, and waiting to make a left turn into the emissions station. a pickup truck in the oncoming lane failed to navigate the turn and drifted to the inside, which happened to be a ditch that got continuously deeper until it basically turned into a huge ramp at the edge of the road i was turning onto.

dude sped through the ditch bouncing all over the place at around 40mph and then hit the ramp, which literally sent him 10-15 feet in the air. he landed on the hood of a work van that was pulling out to the stop sign to turn onto the road i was on. the driver of the van didn't see the pickup until the last second and managed to get on the brakes enough to stop before the truck landed completely on the windshield/roof...which probably saved his life.

it was like watching a slow-motion move stunt, i could see the pickups driveshaft spinning and the suspension bobbing as i watched the underside of his vehicle soar through the air...duke boys style!
                    Yeah, it was like a Michael Bay movie for me...nuts.

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                    Hi res of diagram?

Joking aside, glad you missed the bullet bud.
                    This was the closest the E30 has come to any sort of damage while I've had it...that almost scared me more than getting hurt...

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    Any idea what caused the SUV to do a Ricky Bobby across the median?

Sweet diagram by the way.
                    No fuckin' clue. Down here it could be anything...drugs, alcohol, heart attack, narcolepsy...you name it. I have a feeling it was some that cut him off but I can't be certain because I wasn't really paying much attention to that side of the highway...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Glad you're okay, baby. Be careful!

(Also, happy Valentine's day! <3)
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I saw something similar happen a couple years ago, driving along a divided four lane highway, suddenly glance over to the other lane and see a CRV barell rolling down the highway. Didn't see what happened and was kinda busy driving but I do clearly remember seeing it totally airborne, upside down about to hit the pavement with the roof. Crazy shit.
                        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                        Originally posted by mbonanni
                        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

crazy, maybe if you were driving even faster it would have went right behind you, we will never know.....dun dun dun
                          "I wanna see da boat movie"
                          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Thats crazy! I saw a car roll over the center divider on the parkway once, it was like watching it launch off a ramp, It was insane!

Comment

crazy man.

last summer i was coming home from work with my a buddy, some people flew up the shoulder at easily 90mph, as soon as they pass us they completely lost it, i mean bounced off the median and rolled their POS. we stop, i run across 4 lanes of traffic, get to the car and get the door off, see that the fuck head driver has a gun in his hand and book it back across the street and call 911.

fuck helping those people!

Comment

Working...
                              X