Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Havent posted here yet....totalled my car a month ago..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Havent posted here yet....totalled my car a month ago..

Hmm... I haven't had time to post here, just got around to it tonight.

If some of you remember me, I used to be on E3S before it was shut down.

Here's my story of my accident (taken from my post on BF)

BTW I am not parting out the car yet until I find a rolling chassis.

Tonight, out of all nights, I had a car accident.

I was out picking up my sister from her kick-boxing class, and Aren (crotchmonster) was with me.

I was pulling into the 2nd lane of traffic, turned my signal on, looked over my shoulder and checked traffic, coast was clear, I pull out a little bit farther, turn my head to check again, and see a car coming up. Next moment that happens, glass implodes into my car, my head hits the A-pillar or the window (I don't remember) and my glasses fly off.

My car is gone, 4 years of hard work and it's a pile of junk now sitting in my garage. The guy that hit me was on his cell phone, speeding, I didn't even hear his brakes at the moment of impact.

He got out of his car, and he was still on his damn phone.

:sigh: I just got back from the hospital, I have a nasty bump on the side of my head, and after waiting there for 2 hours, they told me to go see my regular dr. in the morning.

I'll post more details tomorrow morning. Here are pics :

Pictures from tonight :

Got the car psuedo - running tonight.

Pulled out the messed up fender and the lining. It either has a bent wheel or bent strut housing.... or better yet both. I was able to drive it down the street and back.

So we'll see what happens tomorrow when I put a wheel on there.

Comment

Looks to me like the damage is contained to the door/fender/rocker panel for the most part (body wise)

and yeah, i would count on a bent strut housing, and control arm. most like the tierod also.

I would not say from those pictures that it is totaled, however it would be expensive to repair.

How is the a-pillar? if there is any damage to that, its totaled

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

That sucks Jon! You were just starting to throw all your money into it too ;). I think it's all fixable, but like Jordan said it'll cost quite a few bucks. Did the other guy not have any insurance (or were you at fault for pulling out into traffic?).

Hope Aren and your sister are okay too. Sorry to see the bad news .

Fred

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
        '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
        Strictly Eta

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
          That sucks Jon! You were just starting to throw all your money into it too ;). I think it's all fixable, but like Jordan said it'll cost quite a few bucks. Did the other guy not have any insurance (or were you at fault for pulling out into traffic?).

Hope Aren and your sister are okay too. Sorry to see the bad news .

Fred
          Hey Fred, how have you been? Havent seen ya since last year's Bimmerfest.

It's semi-fixable. Frame is bent, the passenger side door doensn't line up, and the A-pillar is bent. The metal that makes up the front of the door frame is bent at the corner of the windshield, I'll take a pic tomorrow.

I'm not going to bother attempting to fix this. I'd rather find a late model E30 chassis and just swap all the parts over.

The insurance said I'm 100% at fault, he did have insurance, but I only had liability. I'm going to appeal the ruling to see if I can get some money from this. I still think he's at fault.

I'm praying the control arm survived, it's brand new. The tie-rod / steering rack needed to be replaced so that's no loss.

My sister and Aren were fine, no injuries to them thank God.

Fred, IM me sometime : BMWE30iS.

- Jonathan

Comment

jon, put on some shoes.

Comment

wow by looking at it you wouldnt think it had those upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by shahe
                jon, put on some shoes.
                Yeah I know.... it's like the worst thing you can do while working on cars is wearing sandals.

I got lazy :)

- Jon

Comment

Originally posted by precision tuner
                  wow by looking at it you wouldnt think it had those upgrades
                  The ones listed in my sig are just the tip of the ice berg.

I have new Lemfoerder control arms, E30 M3 control arm bushings, fully rebuilt rear subframe, and rebuilt trailing arms.

Tires are approximately 4 months old as well.

And the car has a mild port and polish. The car literally drove like new, except for the squeak rattles it had from worn sports seats.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear and see that jon.....
                    BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                    X