Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading to look at an E28 on Craigslist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to look at an E28 on Craigslist.

Super ETA!

sounds like a lot of work, but worth what he is asking for it.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

If that's rust free you have a sweet shell for a s5X swap. It would also eliminate that autotragicness of it.
      r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Good luck That could be a nice car with a lot of sweat
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I drove it home for 600. Rust free, for sure. Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, might flip it, might keep it as a gas mileage whore, low and slow daily driver...who knows. It's clean, has one dent in the driver's kick panel. Needs suspension like nobody's business. Yeah! I got a new car!

Comment

Damn thats a steal. Jealous.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb23ft View Post
              I drove it home for 600. Rust free, for sure. Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, might flip it, might keep it as a gas mileage whore, low and slow daily driver...who knows. It's clean, has one dent in the driver's kick panel. Needs suspension like nobody's business. Yeah! I got a new car!
              what was it that kept it from running?? Nice score

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

He hadn't started it in 6 months...cranked it once and it died. When I got there it ran. Agreed to give him an extra 100 because it was suddenly a working vehicle. Car had been on craigslist for 10 minutes when I called him, and when I got there he told me he'd already had 5 other callers. I'm the third owner.

Somebody already bypassed the amp and put a cd player in it, premium sound. Drop and wheels or clean and flip it...hmm.

Comment

clean and flip then build your e30 :)
                  sigpic

Comment

I drove it home for 600.
                    ummm...... his asking price on the add was $500 or to make an offer.... how did you end up driving it home for $100 more?!?1 lol :loco:

e30 325is - e30 M3 [FOR SALE] - Audi S4 - '78 F-250 .....clicky clicky

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Life View Post
                      ummm...... his asking price on the add was $500 or to make an offer.... how did you end up driving it home for $100 more?!?1 lol :loco:
                      Agreed to give him an extra 100 because it was suddenly a working vehicle.

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Life View Post
                        Did you read the thread? no, you didn't read the thread. EDIT: Blunt beat me to it, and in a much more lenient way.

Also, OP, that is a GREAT deal. Alpine is the best color on an E28 hands down, and that thing looks clean. I would pay $500 for that car even if it had no drivetrain. Think of the current drivetrain just as a placeholder and something you can use to move the car around while you look for an M60, or at least an M30B35.

I say keep it.

Comment

I don't know if two project cars is something I can handle/afford. I have big plans for my E30 and no motor swapping background, if I keep the E28 the Super ETA will probably stay. I see it more as a cruiser and comfort vehicle if I do keep it - something to get me around while the E30 is on jackstands or in the paint booth.

Also stoked about the wheel options that just opened up to me :)

Comment

Also stoked about the wheel options that just opened up to me :)
                            That is one good thing about the E28. Want BBS? Just slap on E38 style 5s, and they look great. Want a BBK? Just swipe the brakes from any M60 or M70 powered E34 or E32.

So anyway, here is what a (crappy) E28 looks like on E38 style 5s and a drop.

Comment

Looked at a 535is yesterday. Staggered style 32s with 255 rubber out back. Nice car, ran fine. Weird rear suspension noise that scared my friends away. It was worth the $2100 he was asking. 5 speed too... but my buddy really wasnt digging it and I dont blame him.

Damn they pull after 4k when you are rolling

Comment

Working...
                              X